Turkey is a very beautiful Country to travel to, and tour around its fine cities and towns.
Before you travel to Turkey for Tourism, or spend a holiday, you must get a Turkish Tourist VISA.
Steady your mind and read this article to the end, as it will help you and also explain how you can apply for the Turkey Tourist VISA.
Turkey Tourist VISA
The Turkey Tourist VISA is a short stay VISA that allows foreigners to enter Turkey for Tourism and other purposes.
A Turkish Tourist VISA can be acquired using two different forms, according to your Nationality;
- The e-VISA for Tourism purposes
- And the Turkish Sticker VISA for Tourists.
However, the following Countries can travel to Turkey for the period of 90 days without a VISA;
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- San Marino
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Vatican City
On the other hand, Russian passport holders can enter Turkey VISA-free, and stay here for up to 90 days within half a year, without exceeding a maximum of 60 days per visit.
Nationals of Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brunei, Costa Rica, Latvia, Macao, Mongolia, Thailand, and Turkmenistan as well, can stay in Turkey for up to 30 days per visit, and 90 days per six months.
Note: If you are not a National of either one of these Countries, you will have to travel to Turkey with either an e-VISA or a sticker VISA.
Required Documents For The Turkey Tourist VISA
Below are the documents that would be required from you, for the purpose of successfully applying for this type of Turkish VISA;
- The completed Turkish Tourist VISA application form.
- Your valid passport or another Travel document.
- Two photographs in accordance with the Turkish VISA photograph requirements.
- Proof of income or savings; You should prove you have enough money to support yourself throughout the whole period of your stay in Turkey. The possession of a minimal amount of €50 for every day you plan to spend in Turkey must be presented. This can be done through recent Bank statements, a letter of support from another person, etc.
- Travel Insurance. It is compulsory to have Travel Medical Insurance in order to be able to travel to Turkey. The insurance must cover the whole territory of Turkey with minimal coverage of €30,000.
- Travel Itinerary; Present a booked flight from your home country to Turkey and back, a bus ticket, or any other proof that you intended to leave Turkey once you are done with your trip.
- Proof of Accommodation; Depending on where you will be staying while in Turkey, you will need to present a document as proof of accommodation. If you will stay at a Hotel, present a Hotel reservation. If you have been invited to stay over at friends or relatives in Turkey, then you need to present a letter of invitation from the host.
- Police Clearance Certificate; This document should be obtained at the relevant Authorities in your Country of residence and prove that you have not been involved in any criminal activities in recent years.
- Documents regarding the Company organizing the travel are required from group travels
- Documents regarding your Employment status:
- If you are employed: a Guarantee letter from your Employer, and pay slips for the last 3 months.
- If you are a Business owner: your Company’s certificate of establishment and registration, the Company’s trade license, and the Company Bank Account statement showing transactions for the last 3 months.
- If your spouse provides for you: the same applicable documents as listed above, for your spouse.
How To Get the VISA
You must fill and complete the application online.
The system will come up with the type of Turkish Tourist VISA you want, whether Tourism, Business, Conferences etc.
Select the one you want. Upon the completion of the form, you will also receive a date for your VISA interview.
After that you will need to Lodge your application form at the Turkish Consulate or Embassy in your Home Country, or third party (any authorized Turkish VISA processing center).
The best time to lodge your application is 6 weeks before your intended date of travel.
Attend the VISA interview, you will only be asked few questions concerning your background and purpose of travel.
Make sure you arrive at the interview center early and submit all your documents on that day. Pay your VISA Fee as well.
The processing of your application for the Turkey Tourist VISA may take about 15 working days.
How To apply For Turkish Tourist E-VISA
If you are eligible for an e-VISA, then you don’t need to go through all these procedures explained so far.
Getting an e-VISA to Turkey, for Tourism purposes is very easy. You just have to follow the steps given below, and you will be done within minutes;
- Complete the online application form at the Turkish e-VISA Website and.
- Confirm your application; Within minutes, you must receive an email asking you to confirm that you have started an application for an e-VISA. Click the link you have received, which will take you back to the e-VISA application website.
- Pay the fee; You will then need to pay the fee for an e-VISA application online at the e-VISA application website.
- Download your e–VISA. You will again receive an email with a button that will take you again to the same website, where you will have to download your e-VISA.
- Print your e–VISA; You must present a printed version of your e-VISA at the Turkish port of entry.
You can enter Turkey with a Schengen VISA under several conditions:
- You must be a National of one of the 63 world Countries and territories eligible to apply for an e-VISA for Tourism and Business.
- You must be traveling to Turkey with an airline that has protocols with the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- You must have a hotel reservation and the required financial means.