Tourism has been the most fascinating thing in Suriname, and foreign nationals that have intentions of traveling to Suriname for Tourism, must get the Suriname Tourist VISA.
In the course of this article, we would provide you with all the information you need, especially when it comes to the application procedures of this particular type of Suriname VISA.
Suriname Tourist VISA
You can get both the Suriname VISA and Tourist Card online, but the process of obtaining the Tourist Card is quicker.
There are several Countries that are exempted from getting a Suriname Tourist VISA.
Nationals of these Countries can enter Suriname and stay for up to 90 days without a VISA;
- Hong Kong
If you are from one of the following Countries, you do not need a VISA to visit Suriname for up to six months:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Saint Eustatius*
- Sint Maarten*
- Trinidad and Tobago
*Only if you have a Dutch passport.
**Only if you have a British Overseas Territories Citizen passport issued by Montserrat.
If you are from one of the following countries, you do not need a VISA for Suriname for up to 30 days:
- South Korea
If you have a diplomatic, official or service passport issued by one of the following Countries, you do not need a VISA:
- Costa Rica*
*Diplomatic passports only.
Required Documents For The Suriname Tourist VISA
If you’re not exempted from applying for the Surinamese Tourist VISA, or not eligible for the Tourist Card, then you have to take note of the documents below.
You have to gather them, for the purpose of applying for the Suriname Tourist VISA;
- Your Passport’s Bio Page; The passport must be valid for at least another six months.
- Your travel itinerary (not your flight ticket)
- Proof of accommodation in Suriname (hotel reservation, booking, letter of invitation, etc.)
- A passport-size picture with the following requirements:
- Dimensions: 3×4 cm
- White background
- No shadows, glare, or over/under exposure
- You must be facing ahead
- Your entire face has to be visible
- If you wear prescription glasses, they cannot cover your face. Sunglasses, glasses with thick rims, or tinted glasses are not allowed.
- If you wear religious headgear, make sure it does not cover your face. Other types of headgear (hats, headbands, etc.) are not allowed.
- Invitation letter from the relevant entity. If you are applying for a VISA for volunteer work, commercial activities, etc.
- Recent Medical Report or Health certificate. (Issued within 3 months)
- Police certificate from your Country. (Proving you have “good conduct”)
- Proof of financial solvency. (e.g. Bank statements)
- Valid Travel Health Insurance.
VISA Requirements For Minors
- Authorization from the Parent(s) as well as a copy of the family book or birth certificate if:
- The minor is traveling alone
- The minor is traveling with only one of the Parents (consent from the other Parent)
- If the minor is adopted/under legal Guardianship: A copy of the Judicial decision
The Suriname Tourist VISA application is done online.
It is the Surinamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs that decides whether to issue your VISA or not, but they have outsourced VISA application submissions to a VISA application agency.
The application process is as follows:
- You must register at the Suriname VISA application website. Proceed to give answers to all the questions and enter all the information that is required.
- You must collect the required documents. Make electronic copies of them and attach them on the Suriname VISA online application system.
- You must pay the Suriname VISA fee (electronically). Please note that you must also pay a service fee.
- Wait for the VISA to be processed.
- You will receive your VISA by email. You must print it and show it to the Immigration Officers at the entry point in Suriname.
- The Suriname Tourist VISA application is processed within 72 hours.
- Suriname Tourist VISA is valid for:
- Two months (single or multiple-entry);
- Twelve months (multiple-entry)
- The VISA fees are;
- Single-entry USD 45
- Multiple-entries (2 months) USD 45
- Multiple-entries (12 months) USD 210
Keep in mind: You will have to pay the Suriname VISA fee using a MasterCard, VISA and Maestro credit or debit card. In addition to the Suriname VISA fee, you have to pay a service fee to the VISA application Agency as well (USD 14).
Countries That Are Eligible For The Suriname Tourist Card
If you are from one of the following Countries, then you can apply for a Suriname Tourist Card online, at least 72 hours before you intend to travel:
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- United Arab Emirates
- The United Kingdom and Northern Ireland
- United States of America
You must be traveling for Tourism purposes and you cannot stay longer than 90 days.
How To Apply For The Surinamese Tourist Card
If you’re Applying for the Suriname Tourist Card, you only have to submit:
- A copy of your passport’s bio-page
- Your flight ticket or itinerary
- A picture with 3 cm x 4 cm dimensions and a white background
The application procedures are the same, the only difference is the requirements.
You have to register on the online application platform, attach the required documents, and pay a fee (USD 40 plus a USD 14 service fee).
After you submit the application, you will receive your Tourist Card in your email within 72 hours.
You have to print it out and show it to the Immigration Officers at the airport in Suriname, along with your passport.