How To Apply for The Spain Tourist VISA

by Tourist VISA0 comments

Spain Tourist VISA

In order to travel to Spain for Tourism, you need to get the Spain Tourist VISA.

But since Spain is a member of the Schengen region, you will have to get a Schengen VISA to enter Spain.

The Spain Tourist VISA is a short-term VISA for Spain, that gives the right to its VISA holder to enter Spain, and remain there for a maximum of 90 days within a 180 day period.

Spain Tourist VISA

Read: How To Apply For The Spain Student VISA

Do I need a Schengen VISA?

Several Countries are exempted from getting the Schengen VISA, to enter any Schengen Country.

For example, all EU Countries are exempted from applying for the Schengen VISA.

Before you apply for the VISA you have to check if your Country needs a VISA to enter into a Schengen Country.

Required Documents

  1. Schengen VISA Application Form for Spain
  2. Two Biometric Photos: These photos should be identical and taken within the last three months. Make sure they meet the Schengen photo requirements and specifications.
  3. Your Passport: Check your passport before you apply. Note that it must be valid for another three months, beyond your departure from Spain. It should also have at least one blank page, so the Consulate can put the VISA sticker in it.
  4. Copies of passport pages with info.
  5. Flight Reservation: You need to show proof of the dates when you plan to travel to Spain and then leave the Country. This proof is a flight reservation, which mentions your name, as well as the dates and places of arrival and departure.
  6. Proof of Accommodation: Any of the following can be presented as proof of accommodation:
    • Hotel booking; Submit a booking that contains your name, the dates of stay, and the details of the Hotel.
    • Invitation Letter; If you will be staying over at friends or family members living in Spain, submit a letter of invitation from your inviter in Spain, stating their details (address, contact details, intended period of stay, etc.). Note that photocopy is not acceptable! You can still submit a colored print.
    • Rental agreement; If you will be renting a place for your stay in Spain, you should submit proof of that. You need to present the rental agreement with the owner of the premises. The document must state the area of the place you are renting, address and owner’s details.
  7. Medical Insurance: When applying for a short-stay VISA the medical insurance must cover not only the whole territory of Spain, but also all of the other Schengen Member Countries. It should cover any incident or unforeseen illness with a minimum of 30.000€, including repatriation for medical reasons or in case of death. In addition, it must be arranged at least for 7 days even if you are planning to stay less than that, i.e. two days.
  8. Medical Certificate: A document issued from your Doctor, in the last three months. The certificate must confirm that you are free of any disease that could seriously affect public health.
  9. Proof of Sufficient Financial Means: To be eligible to travel to Spain, you must have a specific minimum amount of money.
  10. According to the European Commission, you need to attest owning the overall amount for duration up to 10 days, that is a representative of a 90% gross National Minimum Wage (636.93 €) that is 573.23€.
  11. Nevertheless, if your trip is to last more than 10 days, the daily-required amount is 70.77€. The Foreign National needs to attest owning such amount to the Spain Embassy or Consulate, at the moment applying for the Spanish Tourist VISA.

Read: How To Apply For The Spain Immigration VISA

Application Procedures For The Spanish Tourist VISA

Spain Tourist VISA

  • You have to download and fill the Schengen VISA for Spain, indicate your purpose of Visit to Spain and fill in the correct information.
  • Gather all the documents alongside the Application Form. The documents you need to submit are mentioned above. The best time to Lodge your application is 2 to 3 months before your intended date of travel. You will have to Lodge your application form at the Spanish Consulate or Embassy in your Home Country.
  • Book an appointment with them. You can book the appointment online or in person. Attend the VISA interview and pay the VISA fee. Your biometrics will be required too. The fees for Schengen short-term VISA are:
  • Adult applicants need to pay €80
  • Applicants from 6 to 12 years old need to pay €40
  • Applicants under the age of 6 are exempt from paying any processing fee
  • Wait for your VISA to be processed.

Note: The longest you can stay is 90 days within half a year.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!