In the course of this article, we have taken our time to fully explain the procedures that are involved, when it comes to the application procedures for the Moldova Tourist VISA.
Moldova, an Eastern European Country and former Soviet Republic, has varied terrain including Forests, rocky hills and vineyards.
Its wine regions include Nistreana, known for reds, and Codru, Home to some of the World’s largest cellars.
Tourism in Moldova focuses on the natural life and history. Over 2.8 million people have visited Moldova in the past 3 years.
And most importantly, Moldova is also known for its monasteries.
Moldova Tourist VISA
The Moldova Tourist VISA, also known as Moldova Type C VISA, is a short stay VISA that permit it’s holders to tour around the cities of Moldova, for up to 90 days within a 180-days period.
Nationals of Countries, who has VISA-waiver agreement with Moldova, can enter the Country without a VISA.
Nationals of the following Countries, including refugees and stateless persons currently living in these Countries, may enter Moldova without a VISA for stays of up to 90 days within any 180-day period:
- European Union citizens
- EFTA citizens
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Solomon Islands
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
- Vatican City
In addition, you are also exempted from applying for the Moldova VISA, if you fall under one of the following categories:
- You have a diplomatic, official or service passport issued by China, Indonesia, Iran, Qatar, Turkmenistan or Vietnam.
- You already have a valid Schengen VISA, or a valid long-stay VISA and residence permit, issued by an EU Country. However, this exemption does not apply to Nationals of the Countries listed on the table below (who also need an invitation letter from someone in Moldova before they can receive a Moldova VISA).
List Of Countries That Need A VISA To Enter Moldova
If you are a National of the any of the Countries below, then you certainly need to possess a Moldova VISA, before you enter the Country;
- Burkina Faso
- Republic of Congo
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Côte d’Ivoire
- North Korea
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
You are to gather the following documents for application:
- The printed Moldova e-VISA
- Your passport or other travel document, issued in the last ten years and valid for at least another three months, past the date you will depart Moldova.
- Travel Health Insurance, covering at least €30,000 for the duration of your stay
- A recent colored picture with 35mm x 45mm dimensions
- An invitation letter from the Bureau for Migration and Asylum
- Or, alternatively, a VISA or residence permit issued by an EU Member State
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the duration of your stay. You must have at least €30 per day, but no less than €300 even if your stay is shorter than 10 days.
- Proof of a round-trip ticket or your Driving License, Green Card and your Vehicle’s registration documents, if you will be driving.
- Proof of accommodation in Moldova, such as a Hotel reservation.
How To Apply For The VISA
Moldova has meet up to their best, to make its Tourist VISA application online. This means that Moldova Tourist VISA is e-VISA.
You will have to submit your online application via this website https://www.eVISA.gov.md/VISAFile/Inregistrare, after that, you proceed to;
- Pay the Moldova VISA fee. The fee for a Moldova Tourist e-VISA is €80. It is possible to pay the fee online by credit or debit card, such as VISA or MasterCard after you complete your application.
- Wait for the VISA to be processed. It is the General Directorate of Consular Affairs from the Moldova Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who reviews all Tourist VISA applications. The Moldova Tourist VISA is processed within 10 calendar days, from the time you submit your completed application. However, in some cases, it may take as long as 20 calendar days from the date of submission, depending on the case.
- If your Moldova VISA application is approved, you will receive your VISA in PDF format in your email, which you have to print. You must show the printed e-VISA to the Immigration Officers at the entry point in Moldova.
Note: Before you apply for the VISA, make sure all your documents are ready and are accurate, a slight mistake may lead to the rejection of your VISA.