The Mexico Business VISA is a short-term VISA that is valid for the period not more than 180 days.
It allows its holders to enter Mexico and engage in any Business-related activity, such as; Business conferences, business meetings etc.
This article will guide you on how to apply for the Mexico Business VISA, the required documents for application and also the Business VISA fee.
Mexico Business VISA
The Mexico Business VISA is also classified as a Tourist VISA in Mexico.
Before you apply for the Mexico Business VISA, you must check if you need a VISA to enter Mexico for stays not more than 180 days.
The following Countries are exempted from using a VISA to enter Mexico for Business purposes;
- European Union citizens
- Costa Rica
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
- Vatican City
What Documents Will I Submit For Application?
You are to gather and submit the following documents;
- A Mexico Tourist VISA Application Form, printed and signed (the reason is because business purpose is classified under Tourist VISA in Mexico). If the applicant is a minor, the Parents or Legal Guardians have to sign the application form.
- A passport or other travel document, which is valid for at least another six months from the time you will enter Mexico. I must also have blank pages so the VISA can be affixed.
- Also, include a photocopy of your passport’s relevant pages
- Passport-size pictures, with the following specifications:
- Recent – no older than six months
- Dimensions: 35 mm x 45 mm
- Taken in front of a white background
- Neutral facial expression
- No glasses or headwear
- Booked return travel ticket, showing when you intend to depart Mexico.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to cover the duration of your stay via Bank statements from the last three months.
- Proof of accommodation, such as a Hotel booking or the name and address of someone in Mexico (if you’ll be staying with friends/family)
- Employment status documents, such as:
- If you are employed: A letter from your employer stating your position in the Company, the time you will be absent, and that they do not object to your absence.
- If you are a Student: A letter from your educational institution, confirming your enrollment and providing details of your course.
- If you are self-employed: Depending on your situation, you may submit investment certificates, property deeds, commercial registration, etc.
- Cover letter addressed to the Mexico Embassy. The letter must explain the reason you are travelling and give details of your trip, such as the dates of entry and departure and where you will stay, etc.
- Mexico VISA fee
- If travelling for business or you have been invited by an organization:
- An original invitation or sponsorship letter, which states your full name, the Company’s name, and registration, what activity you will be doing in Mexico, and an estimated period of your stay.
- Photocopy of the ID of the person signing the letter.
- Bank statements from the last 12 months of the company sponsoring you (if applicable).
Note: Any document that is not in English or Spanish should be translated and a proof of the translation must be showed.
Application Procedures For The Mexico Business VISA
Follow the steps below to apply for your Mexico Business VISA.
- Contact the Mexico Embassy to set up an appointment. You can find a list of Mexican Embassies around the World here.
- Complete the Mexico VISA Application Form. You can usually find the application form on the website of the Mexico Embassy where you will apply. You can either complete the form by typing it on your computer (if possible) then printing it or by writing with legible typed letters after you have printed it. The first option may not always be available, so follow the instructions on the form or of the embassy.
- Collect the required documents.
- Submit the application and pay the VISA fee. On the date of your appointment, you must submit the documents and application form at the Mexico embassy. You also have to pay a Mexico VISA fee.
- Wait for the VISA to be processed.
- Pick up your passport. If the application is approved, the Mexico VISA will be affixed to your passport.
How Much Do I Have to pay for the VISA?
The Mexico Tourist VISA fee is about US$36. However, the VISA fee may change depending on the Country in which you submit your application.
The payment method also differs from Country to Country, since some Embassies may require you to pay upfront via Bank transfer while others ask you to pay in cash.
Mexico Tourist Card
The Mexico Tourist card, (Forma Migratoria Múltiple, FMM) is a permit that every foreign National must get, before they can enter Mexico.
Since Business is classified under Tourist VISA in Mexico, you will have to get a Mexico Tourist Card.
You can get your Tourist card:
- If you are travelling by air, the plane crew will distribute them as you are about to land (the price of the Tourist Card is included on the price of your air ticket).
- At an Immigration desk at the Mexico airport after you land.
- At a Mexico Embassy in your Country, before you travel.
- If you are travelling by sea, you can get the Mexico Tourist Card at the Mexico port of call.
- If you are travelling by land, you can the Mexico Tourist Card at the point of entry.
- Online. If you apply online, you must print the Tourist Card and bring it with you when you travel.
The fee for a Tourist Card can range from $25-$35, depending on your Country.