On this page, you would be guided and provided with reliable information, which would help you apply for the Kuwait Tourist VISA with success.
Do well to read this article to the end, and pay close attention to the instructions that you would come across.
Kuwait Tourist VISA
Countries That Are Exempted From Getting The Kuwait Tourist VISA
Almost everyone that intends to visit Kuwait must have a VISA.
Only citizens of the following Countries are excluded from applying for the Kuwait VISA:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
You can apply for the Kuwait Tourist VISA via the following ways:
On arrival, if traveling by air: You can get a VISA on arrival, if you’re travelling for short-term purposes, you don’t intend to work there, and you are from one of the eligible Countries listed below:
- An EU Member State*
- Cambodia (not eligible for the VISA on arrival, only e-VISA)
- Eswatini (not eligible for the e-VISA, only the VISA on arrival)
- Hong Kong*
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
The Kuwait VISA on arrival is only available for those travelling by Airplane.
You will have to present your passport (with at least six months’ validity), your flight ticket, and pay the VISA fee.
You may also be required to present:
- Kuwait VISA Application Form; Please check the Website of the Embassy of Kuwait in your Country, for a downloadable application form.
- Passport-size pictures.
- Proof of Accommodation and proof you can sustain yourself financially.
- Documents relating to your purpose of travel, such as a Business invitation letter.
You will have to pay a fee of KD 3 (USD 10) before entering.
Online, through the official e-VISA website: You can apply for the e-VISA, if you’re travelling for short-term purposes, you don’t intend to work in Kuwait, and you are from one of the eligible Countries listed above.
In order to apply for the VISA online, you have to click here .
At a Kuwait Embassy or Consulate: You have to get a VISA at one of the Diplomatic Missions of Kuwait, if you are not from one of the eligible Countries for the e-VISA/VOA, or you want to stay in Kuwait for longer than three months.
Required Documents For The Kuwait Tourist VISA
- A valid passport, Valid for at least 6 months.
- Two passport size photographs with a white background.
- Return trip ticket.
- Proof of accommodation in Kuwait.
- Proof of sufficient financial means.
- Letter of invitation from your relative/friend.
Other Important Things To Note
If you are a resident of a GCC Country (Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates), then you can also apply for an e-VISA to enter Kuwait, by using your GCC residency card.
The GCC card has to be valid for at least another six months.
To make use of the e-VISA, you must be working in a GCC Country in one of the following professions, or you must be the spouse/dependent of someone working in the following professions:
- Judges and Members of Public Prosecution
- University Teachers
- Press and Media Staff
- System Analysts and Computer Programmers
- Diplomatic Corps
- University Graduates – Owners, Managers and Representatives of Commercial Companies and Establishments
- You can apply to extend your stay in Kuwait, at the Kuwait Immigration Department before your VISA expires. The Kuwait VISA extension will be for one month.
- A Kuwait VISA will allow you to stay in the Country for up to three months. From the time it is issued, it is valid for 30 days. During those 30 days, you can use the VISA to enter Kuwait only once and remain in the country for up 90 days.
- If you leave, you cannot re-enter with the same VISA even if your 90 days aren’t up. You have to re-apply for a VISA. If you overstay, you will have to pay a fine of KD 10 per day, which is about USD 30.
You will not be allowed to leave the country until you pay the entire fine.