Ireland Tourist VISA is for Foreigners that pledges more concern on the natural lifestyle of Ireland, and wishes to tour around the fine cities of Ireland or spend holiday.
This article will guide you on how to apply for the Irish Tourist VISA.
Ireland Tourist VISA
All Foreigners, who wants to enter Ireland for Tourism purpose, must get the Irish tourist VISA. However, most Countries are exempted from applying for the Irish Tourist VISA.
If you are a citizen of an EU or EEA member state or of Switzerland, you can travel to Ireland VISA-free, because of the EU Right of Free Movement, you also do not need to request permission to stay at the Border Control.
If you are from a non-EU/EEA Country, who is exempted from applying for Ireland VISAs, you do not need to apply for an Ireland Tourist VISA, before traveling to Ireland. But you will still have to register at Border Control and request permission to stay from an Immigration Officer.
Required Documents For Ireland Tourist VISA
Gather the following documents:
- A valid passport and VISA.
- A letter stating the reason for your travel to Ireland (i.e. for Tourism purposes), which you must sign.
- A letter of invitation from a Family member or Friend in Ireland, if you have a Host.
- Proof of accommodation, such as a Hotel booking or letter from your Host stating they will accommodate you.
- Proof you can support yourself financially, or that your host can provide for you.
- Evidence of air ticket reservation.
- Proof that you will return to your Home Country after the Ireland Tourist VISA ends, such as family ties, a work contract, ongoing studies, ownership of property etc.
- Proof you have no criminal records.
- Details of any previous VISAs even rejected ones.
In order to get your VISA ready, you should follow these steps;
- Fill and Complete the online application form: complete your form via AVATS, the Online Application Facility which is found on the Irish Naturalization and Immigration Service (INIS) website. When you are filling, note these, you will have to select:
- Short Stay (C) VISA
- Single- or multiple-entry (as it suits you best)
- Reason for travel: Tourism
- Check and Confirm where you should submit the application: You will have to submit your application in any of the following:
- The Dublin VISA Office
- An International VISA Application Agency
- An Irish Embassy or Consulate in your country
- Compile the Required documents: The documents you will need are listed above. Make sure you put them in a big strong envelope.
- Pay the fees.
- Submit your biometric data.
Note: The processing time for an Ireland Tourist VISA is eight weeks.
Keep In Mind:
It is the Immigration Officers at the Ireland Border Control, who decide the number of days you are allowed to stay. They will place a stamp on your passport stating the purpose of your travel and the validity of your VISA.
However, an Irish Tourist VISA is valid for a maximum of three months (90 days).
You can receive a single-entry or multiple-entry Ireland VISA. Single entry allows you to enter Ireland once, while multiple entry allows you to enter Ireland for more than once