Get acquainted with the procedures that are involved, when it comes applying for the Hungary Tourist VISA.
Since Hungary is a Schengen Country, traveling for Tourism, would require that you get the Schengen Tourist VISA.
The Tourist Schengen VISA permits third-Country Nationals to enter into the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days, within a 6-month period, under the purpose of traveling or visiting Europe for pleasure.
Hungary Tourist VISA
How Do I Know That I Am Eligible?
You can always know that you’re eligible for the Schengen Tourist VISA, when you meet the following conditions;
- Financial prove: you must prove that you have enough fund to cover your stay in Hungary.
- Health Insurance: Evidence that you have purchased Health Insurance that covers Medical emergencies, with a minimum of €30,000, for your whole period of stay.
In order to apply for the Hungary Tourist VISA, you should follow the steps below:
- Make sure you qualify for a Tourist Schengen VISA; Due to the fact that there are a several Schengen VISA types, you must make sure that the VISA you need is this one. Also confirm whether your Country needs a VISA to enter into any Schengen Countries or not.
- Find out where you need to apply: You will have to lodge your Tourist Schengen VISA application at the Embassy/Consulate/VISA center of your main destination in the Schengen Area. This implies that since you want to enter into Hungary, you will have to Lodge your application at the Hungary Embassy or Consulate in your Home Country.
- Figure out the best time to lodge your Tourist VISA application: Submit your Tourist Schengen VISA application at least 15 calendar days, before your planned journey to the Schengen Area.
- Collect the required documents for a Tourist Schengen VISA: You have to compile all the following documents;
- VISA Application Form; Fully completed with correct information, printed and signed at the end.
- Two recent photos; Taken within the last three months, in compliance with the Schengen VISA photo criteria.
- Valid passport; No older than ten years and with a minimum validity of three months beyond your planned stay in Schengen. It must have at least two blank pages in order to be able to affix the VISA sticker.
- Roundtrip reservation or itinerary; A document that includes dates and flight numbers, specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area. Find out how to get flight reservation for the Hungary Tourist VISA application.
- Travel Health Insurance; Evidence that you have purchased Health Insurance that covers Medical Emergencies with a minimum of €30,000, for your whole period of stay. The Insurance Policy can easily be purchased online from Europe Assistance or AXA Schengen.
- Proof Of Accommodation; Evidence that shows where you will be staying throughout your time in Schengen. This could be a:
- Hotel/Hostel booking. With name, complete address, phone and e-mail, for the entire time you will be in the Schengen area.
- Rent agreement. If you have rented a place, in the country you will be staying.
- Letter of Tour Organizer; If you will be traveling with a Tour Agency.
- Proof of financial means; Evidence that shows you have enough money to support yourself throughout your stay in Schengen. This could be a:
- Bank account statement.
- Sponsorship Letter. When another person will be financially sponsoring your trip to the Schengen Zone. It is also often called as an Affidavit of Support.
- A combination of both.
Evidence Of Employment Status
- If employed:
- Employment contract,
- Leave permission from the employer
- Income Tax Return
- If self-employed:
- A copy of your Business license,
- Company’s bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- If a Student:
- Proof of enrollment &
- No Objection Letter from University
- Travel Itinerary; A description of your trip to Europe, your purpose of travelling, which places are you going to visit in Europe, the time frame and all the personal data.
- For Minors:
- Either birth certificate / proof of adoption / custody decree if parents are divorced / death certificate of parent
- Letter of consent from Parents, including passport copies of both parents/ legal guardian
- Make an appointment at the Embassy of your destination Country. You may have to make this appointment online or in-person at the Embassy/Consulate/VISA center.
- Attend the VISA interview: Don’t be late for the interview, the Hungary VISA official will have to ask you some questions about your background and the purpose of your stay in Norway.
- Pay the Tourist VISA fee.
- Wait for a response on your VISA application.
Other Important Things To Note
- The Hungary Tourist VISA is valid for stays no more than 90 days. If you will be traveling a lot and not only in one Schengen Country, it’s recommendable to fill in the “multiple entry” gap in the application form. This way you will be able to enter and leave the Schengen Zone as you please, for the amount of time allowed on your VISA issued.
- A Tourist Schengen VISA can be extended only in some very specific occasions, as: Late Entry, Humanitarian Reasons, Force Majeure, Important Personal Reasons.