Honduras is an American Country that is known for its great Tourist centers. Any Foreign National, who wants to travel to Honduras for Tourism, has to get the Honduras Tourist VISA.
This article is a complete guide to Honduras Tourist VISA application. It entails the VISA application method, and also the documents needed for the VISA application.
Honduras Tourist VISA
The Honduras Tourist VISA is a Short Stay VISA, valid for 90 days. Before you apply for the VISA, you must confirm whether you need a VISA to enter Honduras not.
There are several Countries that are exempted from applying for the Honduras VISA, because of the VISA-free agreement they have with Honduras.
Due to the Central America-4 Free Mobility Agreement reached between El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, those holding a VISA to any of the four, can travel to the other three without needing any other VISA or permit.
In addition, Passport holders issued by the following 84 jurisdictions can also visit Honduras without a VISA for up to 90 days (unless otherwise noted):
- European Union / EFTA member Countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- Peru (30 days)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
- Vatican City
You can also be exempted from the VISA for 90 days if you fall under the following:
- Nationals of China holding passports for public affairs.
- Residents of Countries that are VISA exempt (listed above in this article).
- Holders of a valid VISA issued by Canada, the United States or a Schengen member state. (This does not apply to nationals of Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Bangladesh, Botswana, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cuba, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Timor-Leste, Venezuela, Vietnam and Yemen.)
- Holders of diplomatic, official or service passports of Belarus, Bolivia, China, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Fiji, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Libya, Montenegro, Morocco, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Serbia, Suriname, Thailand and United Arab Emirates.
- Holders of diplomatic passports of Palestine.
- Merchant Seamen traveling on duty, holding a Letter of Employment or Letter of Guarantee from the shipping Company, which should state that the Company is responsible for Merchant Seamen during their stay in Honduras.
- Passengers with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third Country on the same calendar day. They must stay in the International transit area of the airport and have documents required for the next destination.
To apply for the VISA, you will have to gather the following documents;
- Fully completed VISA application form.
- Two recent photographs in the size of your passport photo.
- Your valid passport, with an expiration date that is at least six months away.
- Your flight itinerary from your current Country of stay to Honduras, and vice versa.
- Invitation letter from a Host/Tourism Agency in Honduras.
- Proof of VISAs from other Countries, which you currently hold.
- If you are a foreign resident of the Country in which you are applying for the VISA to Honduras, you must indicate your current residency status, i.e. student, tourist, etc.
- Copy of proof of fee payment.
Note; you may be required to provide additional document. You must make an inquiry from the consulate you are lodging your VISA.
Application Procedures For The Honduras Tourist VISA
To apply for the VISA, you will need to;
Find out the nearest Honduras Consulate or Embassy in your Home Country. If none, you must find the nearest one in your neighboring Country. Email or phone the Embassy, Consulate or other representative diplomatic mission of Honduras nearest to your home.
They will then send a complete list of the required documents for your particular purpose of the trip to Honduras, as sometimes there are additions or less required documents for some Countries.
When you have the list of the required documents, proceed to gather them and send them to the Consulate by express mail, or even on your own.
Do not forget to include a pre-paid envelope in which you will get your passport back. You will then may be invited to attend an interview.
The VISA application fees are:
Single Entry VISA – $30.00
Multiple Entry VISA – $60.00
Additionally, every traveler to Honduras aged 12 and older, must pay an Airport Service fee of $25 or its equivalent in local currency while departing Honduras. Exempt from this fee are transit travelers leaving within 12 hours of arrival.
Keep In Mind
When you show up at the Honduran port of entry, you will have to present a few documents to prove your identity and right to enter the Country. These are:
- Your passport, valid for at least another six months.
- Flight tickets to your home country/next destination after Honduras.
- Honduras VISA, if you are from a country under the Honduran VISA regime.
Additional entry requirements for minors (all travelers under 21):
- Letter of approval, authenticated and signed by both Parents or Legal Guardians, if the child is traveling alone.
- Letter of approval, is authenticated in advance and signed by the other parent or legal guardian, if the child is traveling with only one Parent.