Guyana is a South American Country with lots of Tourist attractions.
Foreign Nationals, who wants to enter Guyana for Tourism, have to obtain the Guyana Tourist VISA, before they enter the Country.
This article will guide you on how to apply for the VISA.
Guyana Tourist VISA
The Guyana Tourist VISA is a short stay VISA, valid for the period of 30 days, but you can stay in Guyana for 3 Months based on the VISA extension.
There are some Countries that are exempted from applying for the Guyana Tourist VISA. They can enter Guyana without a VISA, and stay for 90 days or otherwise stated. These Countries are:
- Antigua and Barbuda (up to 6 months)
- Barbados (up to 6 months)
- Belize (up to 6 months)
- Costa Rica (up to 30 days)
- Dominica (up to 6 months)
- Dominican Republic (up to 30 days)
- Eswatini (up to 60 days)
- Grenada (up to 6 months)
- Hong Kong
- Indonesia (up to 30 days)
- Italy Jamaica (up to 6 months)
- Lesotho (up to 14 days)
- Malaysia (up to 60 days)
- New Zealand
- North Korea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis (up to 6 months)
- Saint Lucia (up to 6 months)
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (up to 6 months)
- South Africa (up to 30 days)
- South Korea (up to 30 days)
- Suriname (up to 6 months)
- Trinidad and Tobago (up to 6 months)
- United Kingdom
- United States
In addition, Citizens of the following Countries do not have to apply for the Guyana VISA, for stays of up to 90 days if they already have a valid Schengen VISA, or a VISA issued by Canada or the US:
- Haiti (for business travellers)
If you are not a National of the Countries listed above, then you have to apply for the Guyana Tourist VISA.
Note: If you receive a multiple-entry Tourist VISA, it will be valid for 1 year.
Also, a Guyana tourist VISA does not allow you to work.
You need to compile the following documents for the VISA application:
- Your passport, which is valid for at least another six months.
- Three completed copies of the Guyana VISA application form
- Two VISA pictures, with the following requirements:
- Size: 2-inch x 2-inch
- White background
- Taken recently (on older than three months)
- You must be straying straight ahead, with a neutral face expression
- Your entire face must be visible
- No headgear is allowed unless it is for religious purposes. Even in this case, the headgear cannot cover the face.
- No large or tinted eyeglasses or eyeglasses with thick frames which obstruct the face or the eyes.
- Proof of accommodation in Guyana (such as a hotel reservation)
- Proof you have the necessary financial resources to fund your trip to Guyana
- Invitation letter from a person/company in Guyana (if applicable)
- If you are applying by mail: Mail Order or a pre-paid envelope to cover the return of the documents.
- Any other documents required by the Consulate or Embassy.
You can apply for Guyana Tourist VISA on arrival, or you apply at the Embassy or Consulate of Guyana in your Home Country.
You need to have the following, if you are applying for the VISA on your Arrival:
- Two passport-size pictures
- Letter of invitation from your host or sponsor in Guyana
- The name and contact information of your host or sponsor in Guyana
- The address of where you will stay while you are in Guyana
- Proof you have the financial requirements to cover your stay.
Your VISA on arrival application can be done in this website https://doc.gov.gy/.
To apply at the Guyana Embassy or Consulate, you need to stick to these steps:
- Find the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Guyana. Contact them to learn about their VISA application requirements. They usually have contact information on their websites.
- Collect the required documents. The Embassy/Consulate will provide you with a detailed list of the requirements.
- Complete the Guyana VISA application form.
- Submit the required documents and application form at the Guyana Embassy/Consulate. You can submit in person or by mail, depending on the country.
- Pay the Guyana VISA fee.
- Wait for the VISA to be processed. This usually takes at least five working days. Then, you may have to go receive your VISA personally, or they will mail it back to you.
You can travel to Guyana once you get your VISA.
The Guyana Tourist VISA fee is USD 25, the Embassy or Consulate you are applying for the Guyana VISA will inform you about the payment method.
Keep In mind: The Guyana Tourist VISA will initially be issued for a maximum of 30 days. Before your VISA expires, you can apply to extend it twice more, each time for another 30 days. This means you can stay in Guyana with a Tourist VISA for up to 3 months.