Germany Tourist VISA
If you want to travel around Germany, you must get the Germany Tourist VISA.
And to apply for the VISA, you must follow the steps below;
- Check Whether you need a Tourist VISA: There are Countries that are exempted from getting a VISA before they enter Germany. you must check if your country is among or not.
- Complete the German Tourist VISA: The German Tourist VISA must be completed online. you can click here to complete it; https://videx.diplo.de/videx/desktop/index.html.
- Compile the required documents: The following are the documents you must gather.
- Standard documents required for a Germany VISA.
- No-objection certificate. If you are a Student, your School or University should issue this certificate to you. If you are an employee, your Employer or the Company where you work at should issue this letter to you. However, if you are not a student and you do not work either, this certificate is not required.
- A Cover Letter. This personal cover letter should explain the reason why you wish to visit Germany, how long you intend to remain and what you will be doing there, amongst others.
- Your driver’s license and/or utility bill in your name. This is required as proof of residence in the country where you plan to apply for a VISA.
- Travel Health Insurance for Germany. It must be valid for the entire period of your visit, and should be available amongst entire Schengen Area countries.
- Proof of a Booked Round-Trip Ticket Reservation (if applicable). It must show the entire program of the tour and the related dates of the visits you plan to make.
- Reserved Tour Package (if applicable).
If you are visiting a family member or friend in Germany, you should also submit the following:
- Formal Obligation Declaration. The document is obtained at the Aliens’ Authority in Germany by the hosting family member in Germany. By this letter the host has to undertake the costs of living and accommodation during your visit.
- Identity card of the host person. Or otherwise, a registration card of the host.
- Letter of Invitation by the host. The letter has to show the reason for inviting you, their relationship with you, the period of your stay, and their home address in Germany.
- Evidence of your relationship with the host.
- Make an Appointment for a VISA interview: The application for a German Tourist VISA has to be lodged at the Embassy or Consulate of Germany in the country where you live. In some countries, Germany has outsourced VISA admission to private VISA application centers. If you are planning to visit other Schengen countries during your trip, apply at the German authorities, only if Germany is your main destination. This implies that:
- You will spend more days in Germany than in other countries.
- You will spend an equal number of days in every country, but you will enter the Schengen Area through Germany.
- Pay your VISA Fee: The fee of applying for a German Tourist VISA is 80€, while for children of age 6-12 you have to pay 40€, while it is free for those aged 0-6 of age. However, according to your nationality, you may need to pay a lower fee.
- Wait for Processing Time: The processing time takes up to 15 days for a German Tourist VISA application to be processed by the relevant authorities. This period can be extended further, up to 30 days, if additional examination of the application is required.
- The best time to apply for the Germany Tourist VISA is about a month before the date you plan to travel to Germany. However, the earliest you can apply is six months before and the latest is two weeks before your intended trip.
- You are not permitted to work in Germany with a Germany Tourist VISA or with any other Schengen VISA.