Georgia is a Country worth visiting, as it is well developed, with beautiful locations. International Citizens, who wishes to enter Georgia for Tourism, must get a Georgian Tourist VISA.
To have more knowledge about how to apply for the VISA, read this article to the end.
Georgia Tourist VISA
Georgia Tourist VISA is a short stay VISA, its holders are allowed to stay in the Country for up to 90 days and can extend if need be.
It is pertinent to note that, Nationals of some Countries are exempted from the Georgian VISA. They can enter Georgia VISA-free for Tourism, Business, Studies etc. and stay for up to one year.
The Countries include;
- Any European Union Country*
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Chile (up to 90 days in a 180-day period)
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Iran (only up to 45 days)
- New Zealand
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia*
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- The United Kingdom British Overseas Territories **
- United States
- Uruguay (only up to 90 days)
- Vatican City
*Citizens of the EU, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia may enter with simply their ID.
**Only applies to citizens of Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar and Turks, and Caicos Islands.
However, you can also be exempted from the VISA if:
- You have a VISA or residence permit issued by an EU, EFTA, or GCC Country, or from Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea or the United States.
- You may stay for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
- VISAs and residence permits issued by overseas territories of EU Countries are also included, except those issued by Anguilla, Montserrat, Pitcairn, Saint Helena, Ascension, and Tristan da Cunha.
- You are a member of the Georgia Diaspora, but have a passport issued by a Country who is subject to Georgia VISAs. You may stay VISA-free for up to 30 days.
- You have a Diplomatic or official/service passport issued by China, Egypt, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran and Peru.
- You have a United Nations laissez-passer (up to one year).
Required Documents For The Georgia Tourist VISA
When applying for the VISA, you are to submit the following documents;
- The printed-out Georgia VISA Application Form. You have to complete the form online, print it, and sign it.
- Your passport, which has been issued in the last ten years and has at least two blank pages. The passport must be valid for at least three more months from the time you intend to depart Georgia.
- Proof of sufficient Financial means to cover the duration of your stay, such as:
- Bank statements from the last six months
- A letter confirming your salary
- Pay slips, etc.
- Confirmed round-trip ticket.
- Travel Health insurance, covering the entire duration of your stay.
- Proof of accommodation in Georgia.
- Proof you have paid the Georgia VISA fee.
- Passport-size pictures, in line with Georgia VISA photo requirements. The picture you attach when applying for a Georgia VISA should have the following specifications:
- Dimensions: 5 mm length x 4 mm width
- Resolution: 300 DPI
- Taken in front of a white or off-white background
- It must be taken recently (no older than six months) and reflect your current appearance
- You must be staring straight ahead at the camera
- You must not have glasses on
- You must not have any headgear. Only head coverings for religious purposes are accepted, and only when they do not obstruct the face
- The picture must be of high quality – there cannot be any under-, or over-exposure, shadows, or glare.
- Proof of accommodation shown in the form of:
- Hotel reservation
- Rental agreements
- If you are staying with a friend/relative: A notarized Letter of Invitation from the person inviting you. You can download the Invitation Form from the website of the Georgia Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- If you are travelling with a Travel Agency or organized group: Include the trip itinerary or Agenda
How To Apply For The VISA
There are two ways in which you can Apply for the VISA;
- Applying at the Georgian Diplomatic Mission (embassy/consulate) or
Applying At The Embassy/Consulate
If you’re going to apply for the VISA at the Georgian Embassy or Consulate, you will first of all complete an e-application through the E-application system, so that you can book an appointment and know the specific Embassy or Consulate you will have to lodge your application (the application form and other documents).
You can complete the E-application here. You will have to upload a picture (size: 5 mm length x 4 mm width, resolution: 300 DPI).
Make sure the picture follows the exact requirements described above, or the program will not allow you to upload it.
After the E-application, and knowing where you should submit your application, you should proceed to gathering your documents. The documents you will need are listed above.
Submit all the supporting documents for the VISA and pay the VISA fee.
The Georgia VISA fee is €20. You have to make the payment at the Bank Account of the Georgia consulate or embassy in which you will submit your documents. You can check where to submit the VISA fee payment here.
Applying Via e-VISA Portal
Before you apply using the e-VISA, you must confirm if you are eligible. The following are list of Countries that are eligible;
Up to 90 days with a 180-day period (multiple entries)
- East Timor
- Marshall Islands
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Solomon Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
Up to 30 days within a 120-day period (multiple entries)
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- The Central African Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- North Korea
- New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
Note: If you are eligible for a Georgia e-VISA, you do not have to apply in person at a Diplomatic Mission at all. The entire process takes place online.
How To Apply For The Georgia E-VISA?
You have to apply for the Georgia e-VISA through the e-VISA Portal from anywhere in the World. The application process is as follows:
- Complete the online application
- Attach electronic files of the following documents
- Your passport
- Proof of accommodation in Georgia
- Your travel and health insurance
- Proof of sufficient financial means (such as bank statements)
- Any other documents related to your purpose of travel
- Make the e-VISA fee payment ($20) through your debit or credit card
- Wait for the VISA to be processed. The processing time for an e-VISA is five calendar days.
- If your VISA is approved, you will receive an electronic version of the VISA, which you have to print.
Other Important Things To Note About Georgia Tourist VISA
- If you receive a single-entry Georgia VISA, you can only stay in the Country for up to 30 days. The multiple-entry Georgia VISA, on the other hand, is valid for up to five years, allowing the holder to remain in the Country up to 90 days in any 180-day period.
- You can travel to Georgia with the printed Georgia e-VISA form and the physical copies of all the required documents.
- A short-term VISA is processed within 10 calendar days