Traveling to Finland for Tourism would be possible and easy, if you would equip yourself with the Finland Tourist VISA.
The purpose of this article, is to educate and guide you on the procedures that are involved, when applying for this type of Finland VISA.
Finland Tourist VISA
Do I need a Schengen Tourist VISA to enter Finland?
The answer to this question is very relevant.
There are many Countries that are exempted from getting a Schengen VISA before entering a Schengen Country.
The EU Countries do not need a VISA to enter into Finland.
How do I know that I am eligible for the Schengen Tourist VISA for Finland?
This is another question that many people have asked for the past years.
To be eligible, you must:
- Make sure that you’re visiting Finland for only Tourism purposes
- Proof you have enough funds to cover your stay
- Have a valid passport
- Get all required documents
Required Documents For The Schengen Tourist VISA for Finland
The following are the required documents for the Schengen Tourist VISA for Finland:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Finland Schengen VISA application form electronically, and then print a hard-copy.
- Two photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous VISAs – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the VISA – if not otherwise required.
- Travel Medical VISA Insurance; confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Finland and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Finland and itinerary
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Finland. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the VISA – if not otherwise required. Learn how to book a round trip reservation online!
- Proof of Accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Finland. Learn how to get Hotel booking or reservation for Finnish VISA application.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay
- If employed:
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave approval letter from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- If self-employed:
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- If retired:
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- If applicable:
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
- invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
For your successful application, follow these steps below;
- Download and fill the Schengen Tourist VISA application form. Make sure you fill it correctly and give accurate information.
- Gather your documents: (check the documents you need above).
- Lodge your Application form at the Finland embassy /consulate in your Home Country. The best time to submit is one month before your intended day of travel.
- Book an Appointment with the Finland consulate
- Attend VISA interview; You will only be asked some questions about your background and your purpose of travel. Endeavour to go to the VISA interview early.
- Pay VISA fee
- Wait for your VISA to be processed
Note: For more information about the VISA application, visit Finland Embassy website