It’s really fascinating to travel around a fine and well-developed Country like Denmark. But how will you get there?
You must get the Denmark Tourist VISA before you set your foot into Denmark.
This article will direct you on how to apply for the Danish Tourist VISA, and also provide you with information on the documents you will need to submit, during the application.
Denmark Tourist VISA
You will have to get a Schengen short stay Tourist VISA for Denmark; this is due to the fact that Denmark is in the Schengen region.
The Schengen Tourist VISA for Denmark allows its holders to tour around the Country, for the period of 90 days.
But before you make a step to apply for the Schengen Tourist VISA for Denmark, you have to confirm whether you need a VISA to enter Denmark.
This is so because most Countries are exempted from using a VISA to enter Denmark.
You need a VISA to enter Denmark if you are;
- Not a citizen of a Nordic Country
- Not a citizen of an EU/EAA Country
- Not a family member of an EU/EEA National. Please see information on Family members of EU or EEA Nationals, and note that family members of a UK national will need a VISA.
Required Documents For The Denmark Tourist VISA
In other to apply for the Danish Tourist VISA, there are some documents that you need to compile for submission.
- The Schengen Tourist VISA for Denmark application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Denmark Schengen VISA application form electronically, and then print a hard-copy.
- Two photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous VISAs – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date, are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel Health Insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000€ coverage within Denmark and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Denmark and itinerary (Click to find cover letter samples).
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers, specifying entry and exit from Denmark.
- Hotel Reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Denmark. Find and Book Cheap Hotels in Denmark.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable).
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Denmark.
- If employed:
- Employment contract
- Current Bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- If self-employed:
- A copy of your Business license
- Company Bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- If a Student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- If Retired:
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- If applicable:
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Denmark with the address and phone number; if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Note: The signed application form must be accompanied with the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents, and handed personally at the Denmark Embassy/Consulate or its representative in your Home Country.
The following steps will help you get your VISA ready;
- Download Schengen Tourist VISA for Denmark Application Form : Fill the application form after you have downloaded it. Make sure that the information you provide on the form are accurate.
- Collect all the required Documents: All the documents listed earlier should be compiled and be ready.
- Lodge your Application: Your Schengen Tourist VISA for Denmark should be submitted at the Denmark Embassy/consulate in your Home Country. If your Country does not have a Danish Embassy, then you should visit any authorized Agency by Denmark, to handle Immigration services.
- Attend VISA Interview: After you have booked your appointment, you have to attend the VISA interview. You should arrive at the interview center early.
- Pay your Danish Tourist VISA fee.
- Wait for The VISA to be processed.
Note: A Denmark short-stay VISA may be extended, if new facts have arisen since the VISA was issued.
Applications to extend a VISA must be duly substantiated by force majeure, humanitarian grounds or serious occupational or personal reasons.
A VISA extension may not result in the duration of the stay exceeding 90 days.