The China Tourist VISA, also known as the L VISA is a type of Chinese VISA that allows its holders to travel freely in most part of the Country.
Passports, application form, and documents showing the itinerary or an invitation letter from China are the essential application documents.
Sometimes, a Tourist can get a single-entry L VISA with a stay duration of 30 days.
While UK, US, Canadian, and Argentine citizens are able to get a 10-year China tourist VISA with multiple entries.
However, you might not have an individual VISA in your passport, if you are travelling with an organized Tour group.
The Tour group will be issued a group tour VISA, bearing all the members’ names Instead. In such situations supply your details to the travel agency beforehand, and you will have no further concerns.
But you need to handle VISA affairs on your own, if you are travelling independently.
China Tourist VISA
Before applying for the China Tourist VISA, the following documents are to be compiled;
- Your passport, with at least 6 months remaining validity and available blank pages, and a photocopy of passport’s data page.
- One accurately completed China Tourist VISA Application Form. Please fill in every column of the application form, using “N/A” if not applicable. If the application form is not filled out truthfully, completely and legibly, there could be a delay in processing or refusal of the application.
- A recent passport-size color photo, with white background attached to the application form.
- Documents showing the itinerary including proof of round-trip tickets booking and proof of Hotel reservation. Or, if you are being invited to China, you can submit an invitation letter issued by the inviter, whether it’s an entity or individual, with following information:
- Information on the applicant, including full name, gender, and date of birth.
- Information on the planned visit, including arrival and departure dates, place(s) of visit.
- Information on the inviter, including name, contact number, address, official stamp, and signature of the legal representative of the entity or the inviting individual.
- For those not applying in their Country of citizenship, a proof of Legal stay or residence status is required.
- In some cases, applicants may need to submit a certification letter from the employer of the applicant with details as follows: name and contact number of the employer, the applicant’s income statement, or original copy of recent 6-month bank statement of the applicant.
- Applicants who intend to travel to Tibet must obtain a Tibet Travel Permit, which can be obtained from Tourism Bureau of Tibet Autonomous Region by travel agencies.
Application Procedures – China Tourist VISA
It is very simple and easy to apply for the Chinese Tourist VISA.
Take note of the following;
- You should go to Chinese Embassies, Consulates, Chinese diplomatic missions, or a Chinese VISA Application Center (CVASC), if there are any in your Country to submit the application in person.
- If you can’t go personally, you can entrust someone else, such as a Travel Agency or a VISA agency to act on your behalf.
- An appointment is not mandatory. Applications by mails are not accepted and will be refused at most Chinese Embassies or Consulates.
- In Countries with CVASCs, applicants may be able to apply by post, or submit applications based on an online appointment via the website of CVASC.
Note: The Normal processing time is 4 working days. But the express service and rush service are available, if you want to collect your VISA earlier. Express Service: 2-3 working days processing; extra US$ 20 will be charged.
Rush Service: 1 working day processing; extra US$ 30 will be charged.
Chinese Tourist VISA Fee
|China X VISA Types|
|US Citizens||Canadian Citizens||UK Citizens|
|Single Entry||USD 140||CAD 142||GBP 151||AUD 109.5|
|Double Entries||USD 140||CAD 142||GBP 151||AUD 139.5|
|Multi entries for six months||USD 140||CAD 142||GBP 151||AUD 169. 5|
|multi entries for 12 or more.||USD 140||CAD 142||GBP 151||AUD 229. 5|
Can I Extend The Chinese Tourist VISA?
You can apply for an extension at the local Exit and Entry Administration of China, if you need to stay in China past the allowed stay duration on your visitor VISA, seven days before your L VISA expires.
Your passport, a VISA application form with your recent color photo attached, a registration of temporary residence, and your travel itinerary will be required for submission.
If your application is approved, you can get an extended stay not exceeding the original stay duration on your VISA.