On this page, we would educate you on the procedures that are involved, during the application for the Australia Tourist VISA.
Kindly take note that;
Up to 12 months
Australia Tourist VISA Cost
Aussie Tourist VISA Processing times
- 75% of applications:
- 90% of applications:
Australia Tourist VISA
How do I know that I am Eligible for the Aussie Tourist VISA?
When you fulfil all the following, you can be sure of your eligibility;
- You must meet the Australian health requirement.
- You must meet the Australian character requirement.
- If you or any family members (including those who don’t apply for the VISA with you) owe the Australian government money, you or they must have paid it back or arranged to pay it back.
- You must have, or have access to, enough money to support yourself while you are in Australia.
- You must only intend to:
- stay temporarily in Australia
- obey any condition and stay period attached to your VISA
- You are recommended to take out health insurance to cover any unforeseen medical treatment you might need in Australia. You are personally liable for all your healthcare costs while you are in Australia. Insurance can help limit your financial liability.
- The Australian government might not grant this VISA if it is not in the best interests of an applicant under 18.
If you find out that you are qualified for the Australia Tourist VISA, you can then follow the steps below to apply;
Before you apply, check your passport, fast-track your application, Organize health exams, Get help with your application.
Gather your documents: Provide accurate information, Identity documents, Genuine visitor documents, Character documents; Provide any military service record or discharge papers, if applicable. Tell them you are getting help documents, fast-track your application, Additional documents for parents requesting a longer VISA, Additional documents for applicants under 18, Prepare your documents.
Apply for the VISA: Provide accurate information; Apply online, on paper or in Simplified Chinese
After you apply: The Aussie Government will let you know when they have received your application and documents. There are other things you need to know and might need to do.
- (They will let you know if you need to provide biometrics)
- Health exams
- Attach more information
- Mistakes on your application
- Change who you nominate to help with your application
- Tell them if things change
VISA outcome: They will let you know their decision on your VISA application in writing. They will tell you:
- your VISA grant number
- the date your VISA starts
- your VISA conditions
Keep a copy of our decision with you when in Australia.
Note: If they refuse your VISA, they will let you know in writing. They will tell you why they refused and whether you have a right to a review of the decision.
Other Important Things to Note
- Everyone who arrives in Australia must complete an Incoming Passenger card (IPC)
- The Australian Government will grant the VISA. If you leave Australia, you cannot re-enter Australia on the VISA (i.e. single-entry) or you can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want while the VISA is valid (i.e. Multiple-entry).