How To Apply For The UAE Student VISA

by Students VISA0 comments

UAE Student VISA

The UAE Student VISA is a type of UAE VISA that allows its holders to enter into UAE and study in any accredited Educational Institutions of their choice.

Before applying for the VISA, the applicant must be accepted by his or her preferred School, since it is the School that will process his or her VISA.

Read: How To Apply For The UAE Tourist VISA

UAE Student VISA

The UAE Student VISA can only be processed by your preferred School in UAE. It can be done once you enter UAE.

But before then, you need to get an entry permit to UAE in your Home Country.

Depending on your Country, you may have to get an entry permit before you can enter the UAE.

Your School also sponsors your entry permit. They can apply through one of the following portals:

  • The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
  • The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – GDRFA either online (see the websites below) or in-person. If your host applies in-person they must do so through one of the licensed typing centers of the GDRFA in each Emirate or through one of the Amer centers in Dubai.
  • GDRFA Dubai mobile apps for Apple and Android

Note: Your Preferred School must be an accredited Educational Institution in UAE.

After getting your Entry permit, you are good to go to UAE.

Once you enter the Country, your School has to arrange for you to get a Student VISA, also known as a Student Residence VISA.

If you have been accepted into a UAE Higher Education Institution, your School arranges to get your UAE Student VISA from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – GDRFA.

Your college or University applies for your UAE Student VISA at the GDRFA office of the important Emirate, in which you will reside.

If your application is approved, the GDRFA will affix a Residence VISA on your passport, and you will receive an Emirates ID, valid for the same duration as the VISA. Below are the websites of GDRFA in each of the Emirates.

Basic Requirements

UAE Student VISA Application

When applying for the UAE Student VISA, you have to have and provide the following documents;

  • Your passport, along with several copies of your passport.
  • Several passport-sized pictures. You may need up to 12, so be prepared.
  • The letter of acceptance into the UAE university or college.
  • Proof of financial solvency to cover your tuition fees and living expenses.
  • A medical certificate, issued by a government-approved health center in the UAE. All applicants over the age of 18 have to undergo medical examinations for HIV, TB, Hepatitis B and C, Leprosy, and Syphilis.
  • Proof of accommodation, such as Student accommodation or proof of tenancy.
  • If you are applying for a post-graduate program, also include proof of certification from your previous university/college.

Note: The requirements for the VISA applications differ from one emirate to the next, as well as from one University to the next.

This is just the most commonly required documents. It is your School that will provide you with the full list of all the documents you will need.

Read: How To Apply For The Norway Immigration VISA

5-Year UAE Student VISA

If you are a good Student with a high GPA, then you are qualified to receive the UAE Student VISA, with a validity of 5 years.

The eligibility criteria is:

  • For Secondary Education Graduates: You must have a minimum grade of 95% in a public or private secondary School.
  • For University Graduates: You must have a GPA of at least 3.75 from a university in or outside the UAE

This type of UAE VISA also allows the holder to bring family

Read: How To Apply For The Norway Business VISA

Other Important Things To Note

  • Sometimes, the Student VISA is issued for a year, and it can be renewed annually for the entire duration of your studies. To renew a Student VISA, you need confirmation from your School that you are still a Student.
  • You can work in the UAE with a Student VISA, only if you also obtain a UAE Work Permit. But you cannot work full-time: you may only work up to four consecutive hours.
  • If you are a male who is over the age of 18, living in UAE already with your parents via Family VISA, and you want to continue your Higher Education in a UAE College or University, then you need the Student VISA. That’s because if you have reached the age of 18 as a male, you cannot continue to be under your Parents’ VISA. Daughters of any age can continue to be sponsored by their father, as long as they are unmarried.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *