Turkey is a European Country with lots of accredited Educational Institutions and well-equipped lecture rooms.
To travel to Turkey for study purpose, you must apply for Turkey Student VISA. This article is all about how to apply for the Turkish Study VISA.
A Turkey Student VISA is a permit to enter Turkey for purposes related to Education. It enables the foreigner to settle in Turkey temporarily, by applying for a residence permit.
It is granted to persons who want to do an internship in Turkey, or attend a course or enroll at an Educational Institution, a School or a University.
Turkey Student VISA
Only Students from Northern Republic of Cyprus are allowed to enter Turkey and study without a VISA.
All other Countries, their Nationals need to apply for the Turkish Student VISA before they enter Turkey and Study.
However, you can be exempted from the VISA if you are in one of the following categories:
- International Students that want to complete a Bachelor or Master Degree in Turkey, who have previously completed their Secondary and High Education in Turkey.
- Students, whose Parents are in Turkey with a Work VISA and residence permit.
- Blue Card Holders.
You will need to complete an Online form at the pre-requirement system.
After you complete this form, you will receive an appointment date for your VISA interview. You need to select the one of the following as your choice, when you are filling the online form (selecting the right Student VISA for Turkey:
- Internship VISA
- Internship ERASMUS
- Internship AIESEC
- Turkish Language Course Purpose
- Course Purpose
- Education Purpose
- Education in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
After you have completed the online form, you will have to Lodge your application. The best time to apply for the VISA is 60 days before your intended date of travel.
You will have to Lodge at the Embassy or Consulate of Turkey in your Home Country, or any authorized Turkish VISA processing center.
Whether you are applying to study at a University in Turkey, to attend a course or to do an Internship, you should present proof of that.
A Letter of Acceptance, or its equivalent will be required from every person, applying for a Turkish study VISA.
Make sure you have this letter in your hands, before you proceed with the rest of the application procedures.
You will have to attend the VISA interview. The interview won’t take much time. You will have to pay your VISA fee, and carry all the documents you need to submit with you.
- Completed Turkish Student VISA application form.
- Your valid passport.
- Biometric photographs in compliance with the Turkey VISA photo requirements.
- Proof of booked flight tickets.
- Travel insurance for your entire stay in Turkey.
- Letter of acceptance indicating that you have been accepted by an education institution in Turkey. The letter must indicate the duration of your stay.
- Proof of paid fees for the educational program you are about to attend, if applicable.
- Previous diplomas, certificates and transcripts.
- Proof of financial resources. The Turkish authorities want you to show that you have enough money to live in Turkey during your studies, and pay the study fees. You will need to present some documents as an evidence. This could be:
- Your Bank statements, proving you have the required amount.
- Letter of Scholarship, if applicable.
- Letter of sponsorship, if your parents or another person will be sponsoring your stay and education in Turkey.
- Proof of accommodation. Depending on where you will be staying while in Turkey, you will need to present a document as proof of accommodation.
- If you will stay at a dormitory, present a document that proves you have a reserved place.
- If you have been invited to stay over at friends or relatives in Turkey, then you need to present a letter of invitation from the host.
- If you have rented a place for yourself, then present a rent agreement signed by both, you and the landlord.
After you have submitted your application form and other essential documents, you will have to wait for your VISA to be processed. The VISA might take 15 working days to be processed or more, this depends on the service and regulations of the Turkish embassy in your Home Country.
When you travel to Turkey with a Student VISA, upon arrival you must register at the nearest Local Police Department in Turkey. You should then apply for a residence permit at the Provincial Directorate of Migration Administration.
After you get the residence permit, known in Turkish as “ikamet”, you can live in Turkey, open a Bank Account and do many more things. Six weeks before the expiration of your ikamet, you should apply for its extension.