The Sweden Student VISA is a VISA that allows it’s holders to study in an accredited Educational Institution in Sweden, whether private or public.
And in the course of this article, we would provide you with detailed information on the application guidelines, on this type of Sweden VISA.
Sweden Student VISA
Pre-conditions Before Applying For The Sweden Student VISA
Before you become eligible to apply for the Sweden Student VISA, you must:
- Be admitted to a full-time accredited University for studies in Sweden.
- Have paid the first instalment of the tuition fees for your course of study.
- Have valid supporting documentation to support your residence permit application.
- Possess a valid passport with a validity of six months (minimum).
- Have a letter of admission from the University that has offered you admission in its course of study.
- Provide proof of your financial ability so as to support yourself financially, during the course of your study in Sweden.
- Have comprehensive Health Insurance, and will need to provide its proof in case you are to stay in Sweden for a period of less than one year.
- Fully intend to leave Sweden at the end of your course of study
What Documents Do I Need To Submit?
You have to compile and submit the following documents;
- Download the Sweden VISA Application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Sweden Schengen VISA application form electronically, and then print a hard-copy.
- Two photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous VISAs – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the VISA – if not otherwise required.
- Travel health insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000€ coverage within Sweden and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Sweden and itinerary.
- Flight ticket reservation with dates and flight numbers, specifying entry and exit from Sweden.
- Hotel booking reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Sweden.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Sweden. A foreigner who seeks to enter the territory of Sweden must be able to attest, possessing 450 SEK or 48.26€/day of stay in Sweden, at the moment applying for a Swedish VISA to the Swedish Embassy or Consulate.
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Download and fill out the application form online. You will require filling up the application form with details about yourself and your studies. In case your family accompanies you to Sweden you can apply for their permits in your online application form. Enclose the necessary documents with your application form.
- Pay the application fee: You have to pay an application fee for processing your application. If you apply online, you can pay your application fee with a debit or credit card. If you are applying at an Embassy or Consulate-general, you will be required to pay the fee when you hand in your application. For proper information about the fee, contact the embassy or consulate-general where you are applying, as they do not have the same fees and terms of payment as the Migration Board.
- Wait for the Migration Board to process the application: If you apply online, the Migration Board will start work on your application form. It is necessary to fill in all the details correctly, and include all the necessary documents for smooth processing of your application form. However, the Swedish Migration Board may investigate your application further, even after you have provided all the necessary details and documents.
- Visit the Embassy or Consulate-General: You will be required to visit the Swedish Embassy or Consulate-general to be photographed and fingerprinted. You will need to contact the Embassy or consulate-general before you visit them. You can contact them primarily through email. In case you do not require an entry VISA, you can travel to Sweden without a residence permit card. However, you will be required to show a decision from the Migration Board to enter Sweden. In such a case you are not required to go to the Swedish Embassy to obtain your residence permit card. Instead, you can hand in the documentation for a residence permit card to the Migration Board once you arrive in Sweden.
- Receive the Embassy’s decision: You will get an email informing you that a decision has been made regarding your application. Once you receive the email you need to contact the embassy or consulate-general to get your decision and book an appointment for this purpose. Remember to bring your passport along with you when you come to collect your decision. Some Embassies and consulates-general may send the decision and residence permit card by post. You need to contact the Embassy or consulate-general for more information regarding this.
Sweden Student VISA Fee
Fees for an Adult – SEK 1,000 (INR 8,455.17)
Fees for a Child under SEK 18 – 500 (INR 4,227.59)