Suriname is a South American Country, with good Educational System and a high standard of learning.
International Students that would love to study in any Accredited Educational Institution in Suriname, would have to read this article, so as to know everything about the Surinamese Student VISA.
This article explains the application procedures of the VISA, validity and extension of the VISA, the VISA application fee, and also the documents that will be needed for the application.
Suriname Student VISA
The Suriname Student VISA is a Suriname VISA type for International Students, who wants to study in the Country.
Before you get the VISA, you will have to be accepted into any Accredited Educational Institution in Suriname.
Get a proof that you have been enrolled into the School, since you will need it as part of the required documents for the VISA Application.
To apply for the VISA, there are several supporting documents you will have to submit.
As the VISA is to be applied online, you will have to make an electronic copy of the documents, so you can submit them.
However, you will have to collect the following documents for the VISA application:
- Your Passport’s Bio Page; The passport must be valid for at least another six months.
- Your travel itinerary (not your flight ticket).
- Proof of Accommodation in Suriname (Hotel reservation, booking, letter of invitation, etc.)
- A passport-size picture with the following requirements:
- Dimensions: 3×4 cm
- White background
- No shadows, glare, or over/under exposure
- You must be facing ahead
- Your entire face has to be visible
- If you wear prescription glasses, they cannot cover your face. Sunglasses, glasses with thick rims, or tinted glasses are not allowed.
- If you wear religious headgear, make sure it does not cover your face. Other types of headgear (hats, headbands, etc.) are not allowed.
- A Reference Letter
- Letter of acceptance
- Letter of Scholarship (if applicable)
- Invitation letter from the relevant entity. If you are applying for a VISA for volunteer work, commercial activities, etc.
- Recent Medical Report or Health certificate. (Issued within 3 months)
- Police certificate from your Country. (Proving you have “good conduct”)
- Proof of financial solvency. (e.g. Bank statements)
- Valid travel health insurance.
Required Documents For Minors
- Authorization from the Parent(s), as well as a copy of the Family book or birth certificate if:
- The minor is traveling alone
- The minor is traveling with only one of the Parents (consent from the other Parent)
- If the minor is adopted/under legal Guardianship: A copy of the Judicial decision
Note: Several of the documents, such as birth/marriage certificates, have to be legalized before submission.
Application Procedures For The Suriname Student VISA
The Surinamese Student VISA is to be applied online.
It is the Surinamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs that decides whether to issue your VISA or not, but they have outsourced VISA application submissions to a VISA Application Agency.
You will have to follow these steps in order to apply for the VISA:
- Register for the VISA at the Suriname VISA application website here. Make sure you answer all the questions and enter all the information that is required.
- Proceed to collect all the required documents; You will have to make electronic copies of them, and attach them on the Suriname VISA online application system. You can see the required documents for a Suriname VISA above “Required documents for Suriname student VISA”
- Then you must pay the Suriname VISA fee (electronically). Please note that you must also pay a service fee.
- Wait for the VISA to be processed.
- You will receive your VISA by email. You must print it and show it to the Immigration Officers at the entry point in Suriname.
Keep in mind: You will receive the Suriname Student VISA in your email address. You can also download it on the VISA application website as a PDF file.
You have to print it and show it to the Immigration Officers.
Suriname Student VISA Processing Time
The Suriname Student VISA application is processed within 72 hours. Eventually, it can take longer than that, if it is during the holidays.
You have to note that if it takes longer than 5 days, you should contact the VISA Agency that is handling your application.