Everything you need to know on the application procedures of the Paraguay Student VISA, has been provided on this page.
Do well to read to the end, as this article would be very informative and beneficial to you.
Paraguay Student VISA
Before you apply for the VISA, you must be admitted into any accredited Educational Institution of your choice in Paraguay, get admission letter, you will need it as a proof to show also as part of the documents for the application.
If your study program is less than 90 days you are exempted from the VISA if you are from the following Countries;
- European Union
- Argentina *
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic (only 60 days of permitted stay)
- El Salvador
- Singapore (only 30 days of permitted stay)
- South Africa
- South Korea (only 30 days of permitted stay)
- United Arab Emirates
*Nationals of these Countries can enter Paraguay with only their IDs, as passports are not mandatory for them.
If your study program is more than 60 days, you have to apply for the VISA at the Embassy or Consulate of Paraguay.
You will need to submit the following documents for the VISA application:
- VISA Application Form; The form must be fully completed and signed by you. Make sure you check the form several times and make sure that all the information you give in this form corresponds with the information in the rest of the documents.
- Valid Passport; You also need to submit your passport and a photocopy of its personal data pages. The passport must be valid for another six months on the day you plan to enter Paraguay, and have two or more blank pages so that the Paraguayan Authorities will have where to affix the VISA.
- A Recent Photo; The photo must meet the criteria given further below.
- Flight Itinerary; Submit a return air ticket or a flight itinerary, from your Country of residence to Paraguay and back. Attach a copy to it.
- Previous VISAs; If you ever held a VISA to anywhere else in the world, copy each and submit these copies alongside with the other documents.
- Proof you can support yourself; You need to show a document that proves you can financially maintain yourself throughout your whole stay in Paraguay. This could be one or more of the following.
- Bank statement in original and one photocopy.
- A photocopy of your credit card.
- Proof of property ownership.
- Letter from the employer indicating your position and salary.
- Proof Of Accommodation; This could be one of the following:
- If you will be staying at a Hotel in Paraguay, make sure you submit a Hotel reservation with its full address and contact info.
- If you will be staying at a family member living in Paraguay, submit an invitation letter and copy of the identity card of your host.
- Acceptance letter from School
Take Note: You may have to submit additional documents as may be required by the Paraguay Embassy or Consulate.
When uploading the digital photo using contact form, you must meet the following criteria:
- The photo has been taken within the last three months.
- It must be taken in front of a plain white or off-white background.
- It must show your full-face directly looking at the camera with both eyes open.
- Your facial expression should be neutral.
- Image Format should be JPG.
- The size of the image should be of a minimum of 1.5MB.
Application Procedures For The Paraguay Student VISA
The Paraguayan Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises all applicants to contact [email protected] or phone + 595 21 414 8771, to get more information regarding the application procedures.
However, you will need to follow these steps when applying for the VISA:
- Submit the required documents in person at the embassy/consulate/representative mission of Paraguay in their country of residence.
- Personal appearance at the embassy/consulate/representative mission of Paraguay in their country of residence.
- Complete the applicable payment of the VISA fee.
You must first of all collect your documents and send them to the important Authority nearest to your Home, in person or by post.
When they have your documents, they will contact you to schedule an appointment so you can show up there, make the corresponding payment and pick up the response on your application. They usually contact you about 5 to 30 Business days after you have submitted your documents.
The VISA fees are:
- Single-entry VISA is USD65
- Multi-entry VISA is USD100
VISA On Arrival
Nationals of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United States can obtain such a VISA, only at the Silvio Petti Rossi International Airport in Paraguay.
Nationals of Oman and Qatar can obtain a VISA-on-arrival at any port of entry. However, their stay in Paraguay is limited to a maximum of 30 days.
VISA-on-arrival fees according to applicant’s nationality are as follows:
- For Nationals of Australia the fee is USD135
- For Nationals of Canada the fee is USD150
- For Nationals of the US the fee is USD160
- For Nationals of New Zealand, the fee is USD140
- For Nationals of Qatar the fee is USD100
- For Nationals of Oman the fee is USD100
When you get your VISA, you can proceed to travel to Paraguay.