Hungary has a lot of accredited and well facilitated Educational Institutions.
And in order to study in one of the Schools in Hungary, you have to get the Hungary Student VISA.
The Hungary Student VISA allows its holders (foreign Students), to enter and study in their preferred school in Hungary.
This article will guide you on how to apply for the VISA.
Hungary Student VISA
Pre-conditions For A Successful Application
Before you apply for the Hungary Student VISA, you must first of all get an admission offer from your preferred School.
You are required to get an acceptance letter from the relevant University, before you apply for the VISA.
When you apply for admission in any University of Hungary or any other Country, the University executives send you a letter that is called ‘Acceptance Letter’.
It is mentioned in the Acceptance Letter that you are now their Student.
You have to check if your Country needs a VISA to enter Hungary, as most Countries are exempted from getting a VISA before they enter Hungary.
EU Countries, Nordic Countries and Other Schengen Countries are exempted from getting a VISA, before entering Hungary.
Required Documents For The Hungary Student VISA
The following documents are needed, during the application procedures for the Hungary Student VISA:
- Proof of having paid the tuition fee
- An acceptance letter from the University regarding your Admission
- Passport valid at least 6 months beyond your date of entry
- Copy of the photograph page of your passport
- Passport photo no more than 6 months old
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of address or housing in Hungary
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover living expenses in the form of bank assurance/statement
- VISA application form
- 3 stamped envelopes addressed to the applicant
You are to download and fill the Hungary Student VISA application form.
Fill the form correctly and make no mistakes. You will have to submit your Application form at the Hungary Embassy/Consulate in your Home Country.
Book an appointment with the Hungary Consulate; some Consulates appointments are booked through mail, some online, find out how the Hungary Consulate in your Home Country operates.
Apply for the Hungary Student VISA within the last 90 days of your scheduled flight. It will take around 4 to 6 weeks after applying for appointment.
After you have submitted all the documents, additional 1 to 4 weeks will be required to process them.
You should get to Hungary at least a week before your first class, so you can get used to the new environment.
Attend VISA interviews and pay VISA fee.
Note: The Hungary Student VISA is a long-term VISA, you will have to get a residence permit when you reach Hungary.
How To Apply For The Hungary Residence Permit
You must apply for residence permit at Immigration and Asylum Office, within in 15 days after reaching Hungary.
To get a Student residence permit in Hungary, you will need to submit following documents.
- Proof that you have been accepted by a university in Hungary (Acceptance Letter).
- A proof that you have your university fees (Fee Slip).
- A health Insurance Certificate.