International Students, who have succeeded in securing admission into one of the schools in Honduras, must get a VISA before proceeding to study there.
This article will explain how to apply for the Honduras Student VISA, and the Requirements for the application.
Honduras Student VISA
Before you apply for the Student VISA, you need to be enrolled in an academic program in one of the Schools in Honduras.
If your study program is less than 90 days, then you will have to check if you fall under a Country that has been exempted from Honduras VISA for 90 days. Because of the Central America-4 Free Mobility Agreement reached between El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua.
Those holding a VISA to any of the four, can travel to the other three without needing any other VISA or permit.
In addition, Passport holders issued by the following 84 jurisdictions, can also visit Honduras without a VISA, for up to 90 days (unless otherwise noted):
- European Union / EFTA Member Countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- Peru (30 days)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
- Vatican City.
There are several supporting documents you will have to compile for the VISA application;
- Fully completed VISA application form.
- Two recent photographs in the size of your passport photo.
- Your valid passport, with an expiration date that is at least six months away.
- Your flight itinerary from your current country of stay to Honduras, and vice versa.
- Invitation letter from a host
- Proof of VISAs from other Countries, which you currently hold.
- If you are a Foreign resident of the Country in which you are applying for the VISA to Honduras, you must indicate your current residency status, i.e. Student, Tourist, etc.
- Copy of proof of fee payment.
- Acceptance letter from your School
- Proof of financial support
Note; you may be required to provide additional document. You must make an inquiry from the consulate you are lodging your VISA.
Application Procedures For The Honduras Student VISA
To apply for the Student VISA, you will need to:
- Find out the nearest Honduras Consulate or Embassy in your Home Country. If none, you must find the nearest one in your neighboring Country. Email or phone the Embassy, Consulate or other representative Diplomatic Mission of Honduras nearest to your Home.
- They will then send a complete list of the required documents for your particular purpose of the trip to Honduras, as sometimes there are additions or less required documents for some Countries.
- When you have the list of the required documents, proceed to gather them and send them to the Consulate by express mail, or even on your own. Do not forget to include a pre-paid envelope in which you will get your passport back. You will then may be invited to attend an interview.
The VISA application fees are: 1
Single Entry VISA – $30.00
Multiple Entry VISA – $60.00
Also, every traveler to Honduras aged 12 and older, must pay an Airport Service fee of $25 or its equivalent in local currency while departing Honduras. Exempt from this fee are transit travelers leaving within 12 hours of arrival.
Once you show up at the Honduran port of entry, you will have to present a few documents to prove your identity and right to enter the Country.
- Your passport, valid for at least another six months.
- Flight tickets to your Home Country/next destination after Honduras.
- Honduras VISA, if you are from a Country under the Honduran VISA regime.
Additional entry requirements for minors (all travelers under 21):
- Letter of approval, authenticated and signed by both parents or legal guardians, if the child is traveling alone.
- Letter of approval, is authenticated in advance and signed by the other parent or Legal Guardian, if the child is traveling with only one Parent.