Since you have shown interest in wanting to pursue your Education Career in Guyana, we would recommend that you read this article to the end, as it would guide you to the successful application for the Guyana Student VISA.
Guyana Student VISA
The Guyana Student VISA is a long stay VISA, valid for the period of 3 years, and it can be renewed.
But before you apply for the VISA, you have to be admitted into any Accredited Educational Institutions in Guyana, and obtain an admission letter, which you will need as a proof and part of the required documents during application.
There are however, several Countries that are exempted from applying for the Guyana VISA. These Countries have reached a VISA-waiver agreement with Guyana, and can enter Guyana without a VISA. But it is basically for Tourism purpose only.
Required Documents For The Guyana Student VISA
Applying for the Guyana Student VISA demands that you submit several supporting documents, alongside the VISA application form.
The documents you will need to submit are;
- Your passport, which is valid for at least another six months.
- Three completed copies of the Guyana VISA application form
- Two VISA pictures, with the following requirements:
- Size: 2-inch x 2-inch
- White background
- Taken recently (on older than three months)
- You must be straying straight ahead, with a neutral face expression
- Your entire face must be visible
- No headgear is allowed unless it is for religious purposes. Even in this case, the headgear cannot cover the face.
- No large or tinted eyeglasses or eyeglasses with thick frames which obstruct the face or the eyes.
- Proof of accommodation in Guyana (such as a hotel reservation)
- Proof you have the necessary financial resources to fund your trip to Guyana
- Invitation letter from a person/company in Guyana (if applicable)
- The acceptance letter from the University in Guyana.
- If you are applying by mail: Mail Order or a pre-paid envelope to cover the return of the documents.
Note: The documents may differ, depending on your Nationality.
There are two ways in which you can apply for the Guyana Student VISA.
You can apply via the Embassy or Consulate of Guyana in your Home Country, or on your arrival in Guyana.
To apply for the VISA on arrival, you need approval for you to study in Guyana, which your School has to get for you before you travel.
To get approval, they have to submit the following to the Ministry of Home Affairs:
- A document containing the name, address, and contact information of the School
- The address of where you will stay when you are in Guyana
- Your acceptance letter in the School
- Proof of financial support which will cover you while you study in Guyana
You must make your application via this website https://doc.gov.gy/.
Applying for the VISA at the Embassy or Consulate, you must follow these steps;
- Find the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Guyana. Contact them to learn about their VISA application requirements. They usually have contact information on their websites.
- Collect the required documents. The Embassy/Consulate will provide you with a detailed list of the requirements.
- Complete the Guyana VISA Application Form
- Submit the required documents and application form at the Guyana Embassy/Consulate. You can submit in person or by mail, depending on the Country.
- Pay the Guyana VISA fee.
- Wait for the VISA to be processed. This usually takes at least five working days. Then, you may have to go receive your VISA personally, or they will mail it back to you.
When you get your VISA, you can travel to Guyana.
The Guyana Student VISA Fee: USD 140.
The VISA is valid for 3 years and can be extended.