Many International Students have made up their minds to complete their Academic Careers in Greece.
The Country has good standard schools, and well-equipped lecture rooms.
In order to study in Greece, you must get the Greece Student VISA as a pass.
This article will guide you on how to apply for the Greek Student VISA with ease and success.
Greece Student VISA
The Greece Student VISA is classified under the Greece National VISA.
The Greek National VISA, also known as the Greece Long-stay VISA or Greece D VISA, is an authorization to enter Greece and stay there for more than three months.
The authorization also allows you to engage in paid activities, in most cases. It involves less stress in its application process.
Before you get the Greece Student VISA, you must have an admission offer in any of the accredited Educational Institutions in Greece.
Get a letter of admission from them, as you will need it as part of the documents during application.
Check If You Need The Greek Long Stay VISA
You will have to apply for the Greece long stay VISA, except you are a National of the following:
- The European Union Member Countries
Required Documents For The Greece Student VISA
You are to submit the following documents for application:
- Your valid passport.
- Health insurance.
- Medical certificate.
- Roundtrip flight booking.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means.
- Proof of accommodation.
- A certificate, proving registration and payment of fees at the respective Education Institute, as appropriate, or a certificate that you have been accepted for registration.
- Evidence proving that you have adequate income to meet study and subsistence expenses, amounting to at least four hundred (400) euros a month
- Consent of the parents or the person exercising Parental Authority for the planned stay, if you are under 18 years of age.
- If the curriculum to be attended requires sufficient knowledge of the Greek language, as a prerequisite for your registration, the competent Education Institute shall make the necessary checks and issue the corresponding certificate, which shall be presented to the competent Greek consular Authority.
The first thing you need to do, is download and fill the Greece National VISA.
The application form has two parts;
- The first part contains questions on your personal information, as name and surname, ID number, passport, date and place of birth, marital status, current occupation, etc.
- Whereas, the second part contains questions related to your purpose of application for a National VISA.
There are three sections: for employment, family reunification and study. Complete only the part that applies to you. Leave the two others blank.
After filling the Application form, gather your documents and prepare to submit your application.
You will have to Lodge your application at the Greece Consulate or Embassy in your Home Country, or any third party; authorized Greece VISA processing center.
In the case where none of the following are not in your Home Country, you will have to visit the nearest Greece Embassy or Consulate in another Country.
You will need to book an appointment and attend the VISA interview.
On the day of the interview, arrive the interview center early. The official will only ask you questions about your background and your purpose of visit.
You will have to give your biometrics if it’s your first time to travel to Greece. Pay your VISA fee the same day.
The VISA fee for a National long-stay VISA for Greece is €180.
After submitting everything. You will have to wait for the VISA to be processed. The processing time for the long stay VISA ranges from 6 days to 3 months, depending on the regulations of the Embassy or Consulate in your Home Country.
All foreigners, moving to Greece with a VISA that is valid for a year or longer, need to apply for the Greek residence permit.
To apply for the Greece Residence Permit, complete the steps listed below.
- Bring with you the documents you collected, to apply for your National VISA in your Country, original or copies. You will need to submit most of them again.
- Complete the online application form for a residence permit. Make sure you complete this form as soon as you arrive in Greece (within a few days).
- Schedule an appointment with the main Police Station in the district that you have settled in Greece.
- Submit your documents at the same Police Station. You will also attend an interview with an Officer, who will ask you several questions regarding your purpose of residing in Greece.
- Please not that those holding a VISA valid for less than a year do not need to possess a residence permit. Yet, they must pay the consular post, in addition to the VISA fee, which is €150.