Foreign Students that wish to study in Denmark must read this article, as it will be of help and also a guide for your successful application, of the Denmark Student VISA.
The Denmark Student VISA permit it’s holders to enter into the Country, for the purpose of studying in any Denmark accredited Educational Institutions.
Denmark Student VISA
Do I really Need a VISA to Enter Denmark?
It depends on the Country you are from.
If you are from any Schengen country, you don’t need a VISA to enter Denmark, same thing with EU Countries.
The rest of the Countries needs a VISA to enter Denmark.
Note: Even when you don’t need a VISA to enter Denmark, you must collect your Residence permit on arrival.
You are to gather the following documents;
- Application form for Denmark Student VISA; fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Denmark Schengen VISA application form electronically, and then print a hard-copy.
- Two photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous VISAs – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel Health Insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000€ coverage, within Denmark and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter, stating the purpose of visit to Denmark and itinerary (Click to find cover letter samples).
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers, specifying entry and exit from Denmark.
- Hotel Reservation, for the whole duration of the intended stay in Denmark. Find and Book Cheap Hotels in Denmark.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable).
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Denmark.
- If employed:
- Employment contract
- Current Bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- If self-employed:
- A copy of your Business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- If retired:
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- If applicable:
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
How can I apply for the Danish Student VISA?
Before you apply for the Denmark Student VISA, you must first secure an admission in your preferred School.
This means that you have to be offered an admission first, before you apply for the VISA, because the admission letter might be needed.
The following steps will help you get your Denmark Student VISA;
- The Denmark Student VISA Application form: Make sure you download and fill the application correctly and the information you provide there should not be fake.
- Gather your Documents: The documents you need to present should be gathered (you can see them above). Make sure you present originals and photocopies.
- Visit the Danish Embassy/Consulate: To lodge your application, you must visit Denmark Embassy/Consulate in your Home Country. You can get more information there.
- Attend VISA Interview: After you have booked an appointment with the Consulate, you must attend the VISA interview as it mandatory. Make sure you arrive the interview early. They will only ask you few questions, probably about your Purpose of travel and your background.
- Pay VISA Fee: you have to pay your VISA fee.
- Wait for your VISA
What will happen after I get my VISA?
Yes, you may want to know what will happen when you arrive Denmark.
You should collect your residence permit on arrival, since you’re going to reside in Denmark and study.
Note: You can extend your Danish Student VISA when it expires.