Cambodia has been one of the Asian Countries that you can get quality Education, in a serene and conducive learning environment.
Therefore, Foreign Students that wants to pursue an academic course in Cambodia have to get the Cambodia Student VISA.
This article will serve as a guide for International Students, who wants to apply for the Cambodia Student VISA. It contains information about the application procedures, required documents for application and also the VISA extension procedures.
To apply for Cambodia Student VISA, you must first of all be admitted into any accredited educational institution of your choice.
Get an admission letter to show as a proof when you will need to submit the VISA. The Cambodia Student VISA is classified under the Cambodia Ordinary VISA. The VISA is only for International Students who wants to study in Cambodia.
Who Needs A Cambodia VISA?
Almost everybody needs a Cambodian VISA. However, there are several Countries that are exempted from applying for the Cambodia VISA.
These Countries have reached a VISA-waiver agreement with Cambodia, and they can enter the Country and stay for up to 14 days or 30 days.
- Brunei (14 days)
- Indonesia (30 days)
- Laos (30 days)
- Malaysia (30 days)
- Philippines (21 days)
- Seychelles (14 days)
- Singapore (30 days)
- Thailand (14 days)
- Vietnam (30 days)
However, the VISA exemption is for Tourism purpose only. Cambodia Student VISA is a long stay VISA, so the exemption may not work.
Documents Needed For The Cambodia Student VISA
Usually when applying for the Cambodian Student VISA, you will have to compile several documents. The documents are;
- Your passport, which must be valid for at least another six months and with at least one blank VISA page
- A return-trip ticket.
- Cash in US dollars to pay the VISA fee. US$35 for student VISA
- Letter of enrollment into Cambodian educational institution
- When applying at an Embassy: Any other documents that the immigration officers require, such as a cover letter, invitation letter, etc.
Keep in mind that: These are not all the documents you will need for the VISA; you will have to inquire about the complete documents at the Cambodian embassy or consulate you will apply for the VISA.
You will have to apply for the Cambodia Student VISA at the Embassy or Consulate of Cambodia in your Home Country, or any authorized VISA application center outscored by Cambodia.
If there is no Cambodian Embassy or Consulate in your Home Country, then you will need to apply at the nearest Cambodia Diplomatic mission in your neighboring Country.
In order to apply for the VISA, you may need to follow the steps below:
- Locate the nearest Embassy/Consulate. See a list of diplomatic missions of Cambodia here, along with their addresses and contact information.
- Contact the Embassy/Consulate or visit its website to learn more about the VISA application process and requirements.
- Collect the required documents. There will usually be a list of documents on the website.
- Go to the Embassy/Consulate in person or send the application by mail, depending on their specific requirements.
Note: Because of the COVID-19 travel restrictions, an Embassy/Consulate is the only place where you can get a Cambodian VISA.
Ordinary (E) VISAs can be extended for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months, depending on your need, at the Immigration Department of the Cambodian National Police.
When you extend your VISA, you must have with you all the relevant documents relating to your purpose in Cambodia. If you are going to work, you need a work contract/letter, if you will study, you need a letter of enrollment, etc.