You can find good Educational Institutions in Brazil, well equipped and of a high standard. But you’ll need to get a VISA, before you proceed to enter into Brazil and study.
This article serves as a guide for a successful Brazil Student VISA application.
Brazil Student VISA
The Brazil Student VISA is long stay VISA that permits it’s holders to enter into Brazil and study in any Educational Institutions.
Note: You will get your migration registration card (CRNM), and receive residency for a certain period (usually one to three years), when you enter Brazil. Before it expires, the registration card can be renewed.
You will have to compile the following documents and make them ready before you submit your Application form;
- Your passport must be valid for at least another six months and with at least two blank VISA pages.
- The Brazil VISA Application Form Receipt.
- Passport-size picture.
- A return-flight ticket.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to cover the duration of your stay. For example, Bank statements from the past three months.
- Proof of employment status:
- If employed: Letter from your employer, stating your name, position, salary, how long you have worked there, etc.
- If self-employed: Notarized affidavit, tax assessment.
- Letter from your School or University, confirming your enrollment.
- Proof of accommodation in Brazil, such as a Hotel reservation or a letter of invitation (if you are staying with friends/family).
- Letter of enrollment in the educational institution.
- Certificate of good conduct from police authorities in your Country.
- Proof of having paid the Brazil VISA fee.
- Pre-paid return envelope.
- Any additional documents that the Consular staff requests.
Application Procedures For The Brazil Student VISA
The steps to Apply for the Brazil Student VISA are very simple and plain;
- Find out if you need a VISA to enter Brazil or not.
- Find the nearest Brazil Embassy/Consulate. It can be in your Country, or a neighboring Country.
- Contact them to learn about their requirements and what documents you need.
- Make a VISA appointment.
- Some Embassies/Consulates allow you to do this online.
- Collect the required documents for the Brazil VISA application.
- Complete the online Brazil VISA Application Form. Answer all the questions and attach electronic copies of the required documents and your VISA photo.
- You will also receive a confirmation number.
- Print the “Receipt” of the Brazil VISA Application Form and attach the VISA photo to the designated spot.
- Show up on the date of your appointment and hand in your application form, and the original documents to the Consular staff. Alternatively, you may be able to send the documents to them through the mail.
- Pay the Brazil VISA fee. Again, the preferred method of payment changes, depending on the Country and specific Embassy/Consulate. However, the VISA fee is US$ 100,00
- Wait for the VISA application to process. Once that happens, the Consular staff will notify you about the outcome of your application, and you have to go back and receive your VISA. If you applied by mail, you will receive the Brazil VISA by mail as well.
What Do I Need To Do When I Arrive Brazil?
Once you arrive in Brazil, you have to register with the local office of the Brazilian Federal Police (DPF) within 90 days.
You will get your migration registration card (CRNM), and receive residency for a certain period (usually one to three years).