If Studying in Belarus has been one of your greatest dream, then you can make it come into reality.
International Students that wants to study in Belarus, must possess the Belarus Student VISA.
And for more information about Belarus Study VISA and how to apply, this article will serve you.
Belarus Student VISA
Belarus Student VISA allows it’s holders to enter Belarus, and study in any accredited Educational Institution in the Country, whether Private or Public.
But before you apply for the VISA, you should know that, there are few Countries that can enter Belarus without a VISA, and stay either indefinitely, for 90, 60, 30 or 10 days.
In accordance with VISA-free regulations of the Republic of Belarus, no VISAs are required from citizens of:
- Azerbaijan (Indefinite stay)
- Argentina (for stays up to 90 days)
- Armenia (Indefinite stay)
- Brazil (for stays up to 90 days)
- Cuba (for stays of up to 30 days)
- Ecuador (for stays up to 30 days)
- Georgia (Indefinite stay)
- Israel (for stays up to 90 days in each period of 180 days)
- Kazakhstan (Indefinite stay)
- Kyrgyzstan (Indefinite stay)
- Macedonia (provided they have a private invitation or a tourist voucher)
- Moldova (Indefinite stay)
- Mongolia (for stays up to 90 days)
- Montenegro (for stays up to 30 days provided they have an invitation or a tourist voucher)
- People’s Republic of China (for stays up to 30 days)
- Qatar (for stays up to 30 days)
- Russia (Indefinite stay)
- Serbia (for stays up to 30 days)
- Tajikistan (Indefinite stay)
- Turkey (for stays up to 30 days)
- United Arab Emirates (for stays up to 30 days)
- Ukraine (Indefinite stay)
- Uzbekistan (Indefinite stay)
- Venezuela (for stays up to 90 days)
Holders Of Diplomatic Passports
Also, holders of Diplomatic Passports, granted from the Countries listed below can also enter Belarus VISA-free:
- People’s Republic of China
- Republic of Korea
Belarus Entry Policy
Belarus also has another policy of permitting the travelers of several other Countries, to enter and stay in Belarus for a maximum period of 30 days, under the sole condition they enter the Country through the Minsk National Airport.
To qualify for Belarus VISA-free through the Minsk National Airport, you must be a passport holder of one of the following countries:
- All European Union citizens
- Antigua and Barbuda
- BahrainBosnia and Herzegovina
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United States
Keep in Mind: The Nationals of Gambia, Haiti, India, Lebanon, Namibia, Samoa and Vietnam can also enter Belarus VISA-free, through the Minsk National Airport under the conditions they also possess:
- A multiple entry VISA, or a National VISA granted by an EU/Schengen Member State (residence permits are not accepted in such cases).
- An entry stamp from one of these Countries in their passport.
- A valid return ticket from the Minsk National airport.
Requirements For Belarus Study VISA
You’re to submit the following documents for the VISA application:
- VISA Application Form; Complete the form, without leaving any blank spaces. If a question does not apply to you, type “N/A”. If the answer is no, then write “none”. You should sign the form personally, whereas application forms for minors should be signed by their legal representative.
- One passport photo; It should be sized 35×45 mm, in high resolution, showing your full face against an even light background.
- Your Valid Passport; It must be valid for at least another 90 days beyond your departure from Belarus. It should also have at least two blank pages for the VISA.
- Original letter of invitation with the signature, and if a Business, seal of the inviting party.
- Medical Insurance Policy; It must be valid for the whole period of your stay in Belarus with a minimum coverage of 10,000 Euros.
- An original invitation of the Belarusian Educational Institution. The document must be approved by the Citizenship and Migration Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Important Things To Take Note Of, Before Applying For The VISA:
Belarusian VISAs are of three types Depending on the number of entries.
- Single Entry VISA; It allows its holder to enter Belarus only once, stay and depart, within a specified number of days of stay, but not more than 90 days.
- Double Entry VISA; It allows its holder to enter the territory of Belarus up to twice, stay and depart within a specified number of days of stay, but not more than 90 days.
- A Multiple-Entry VISA; It permits its holder to enter Belarus, stay and leave more than two times, the period specified in the VISA and within a specified number of days of stay, but not more than 90 days per year, unless otherwise stipulated by the International treaties of the Republic of Belarus.
How To Apply For The Belarus Student VISA
The application procedures for Belarus Student VISA isn’t a hard one. You will have to submit your application file at one the following places:
- Consular sections of Belarus.
- Diplomatic Representative offices of Belarus.
- Consular Centre of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Minsk Airport, in case there isn’t a Belarusian representative office in your Country of residence.
Immediately after knowing where to submit your application, make enquires about the VISA appointment, if you need to book it or not.
After that, you continue with the application process and compile the required documents for the VISA application. You can ask the Belarus Authorities in your Home Country for any additional documents that may be required.
You will attend an interview on the day you will submit your Application form, you will be interrogated and it will be centered on your purpose of travel and your personal information.
After the interview, you should proceed to pay your fees.
The Belarusian Study VISA fee depends on the type of entry you want. They are;
- Single – €25
- Double – €35
- Group single (per person) – €10
- Group double (per person) – €18
- Multiple-entry – €80
After submitting the documents, you should wait for the VISA to be Processed. The processing time for Belarus Study VISA is 5 days.