Do you want to be a Student in one of the Schools in Argentina?
You wouldn’t want to miss out from studying in one of the best Schools in Argentina, as you can make your Academic dream come true.
Read this article to the end, as it will enhance your knowledge on how to apply for the Argentina Student VISA.
Argentina Student VISA
The Argentina Student VISA is a long-term VISA, that allows eligible Foreign Students, who have been admitted into one of the accredited Educational Institutions in Argentina, to enter the Country.
Unlike the short-term VISAs, you will have to get a residence permit when you arrive Argentina, since you will be residing there for more than three months.
Note: Before you apply for the Argentine Student VISA, you must first of all get an admission offer from your preferred School, and collect an approval letter or an admission letter, that prove your enrollment in the School.
Relevant Documents You Will Need For Application
There are several important documents you need to submit during application, and you must make sure not to miss any of them. The documents you will need to submit are;
- Argentina VISA Application Form; completed and signed.
- You can download the application form from the Embassy/Consulate Website, and complete it by hand or complete it online and then simply download it. It depends on the specific Embassy/Consulate.
- Your passport; The passport must be valid for at least another six months, starting from the date you intend to depart Argentina. It must have at least two blank pages.
- Photocopies of your passport (and if required, previous passports) showing the personal details and any previous and current VISAs
- Pictures of yourself, with the following specifications:
- Dimensions: 4cm x 4cm
- White background
- Taken recently
- Neutral facial expression
- Return flight tickets or travel itinerary
- Proof you have accommodation in Argentina
- Proof of sufficient financial means to cover the duration of your stay, such as through Bank statements
- Proof of paid Argentina VISA fee
- For minors: Travel authorization from the parent(s) or legal guardian(s), legalized by an Apostille or the Argentina consulate or embassy.
- Proof of enrollment in your Educational Institution
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover for stay and studies
- A certificate of criminal records, issued by Police Authorities in your Country.
Note: If there’s any other documents you will submit, the Argentine Diplomatic mission you lodge your application will let you know.
You will have to download the application form at the Website of the Argentina Embassy or Consulate, fill and complete it. Make sure you fill it correctly.
Book an appointment with the Argentina Embassy or Consulate in your Home Country, where you will submit all your documents.
If there’s none in your Country, find the nearest one in your neighboring Country.
Submit the application form alongside all the documents listed above.
Get To Attend The VISA Interview; The Interviewer will only ask you questions about your background and your purpose of Travel. You will have to pay for the VISA fee the same day.
After submitting your application, you will have to wait for the VISA to be processed. The VISA fee is Argentina VISA Fee: €150 – €200, Citizens of Canada still have to pay the Argentina Reciprocity Fee (about $160).
Take Note: all Foreign Nationals who want to stay in Argentina for longer than three months, need to register with the Authorities in Argentina upon arrival, and get a residence permit/National ID Card.