The University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), a renowned institution in the Nigeria, has commenced admission into its Post Basic Cardio-Thoracic Nursing School programme for the 2020/2021 academic session.
In view of this, qualified candidates can begin to purchase the admission forms online.
The forms have been on sale since 3rd February, 2020.
Therefore, for you to have a hitch-free registration, we have given elaborate details on the Entry Requirements, Guidelines for Application, Application Deadline, Date for Entrance Examination/Interview and other helpful information. See more details below.
Also See: UNTH School Of Midwifery Admission Form
UNTH Post-Basic Cardio-Thoracic Nursing Admission Form | Entry Requirements
The University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) is a renowned Institution and its Post Basic Cardio-Thoracic Nursing School programme is arguably one of the most sought-after nursing School Programmes, it is therefore imperative that candidates possess the proper and satisfactory requirements in order to stand a good chance of getting admitted.
- Applicants must possess the West African School Certificate Examination (WASCE) Result or the GCE or NECO or their equivalent with Credits in the following subjects; English and Mathematics, and the core Science subjects; Biology, Chemistry and Physics at not more than two sittings.
- Applicants who are holders of Diploma in Community Health with not less than two years post-qualification experience must also possess the West African School Certificate Examination (WASCE) Result or the GCE or NECO or their equivalent with five (5) Credits including English, Mathematics, and Biology/Health Sciences at not more than two sittings.
- Applicants must present evidence of sponsorship/release throughout the period of training by an Institution, Voluntary Organisation or Agency.
- Applicants with the above qualifications must also be registered nurses with The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) and must have 1 – 2 years post-qualification experience in the Clinical Field.
Guidelines For Application
Methods Of Payment
Payment can be done online or over the counter at two designated Banks. The amount approved is ₦8,000 (Payment is non-refundable). Follow the guidelines below to pay successfully.
- Online Payment
- Payment can be made online by logging on to unthenugu.com.ng.
- On the webpage, click on the APPLICATION tab on the menu bar
- Then Click on MAKE PAYMENT to pay. You will have to use your debit card (ATM card) to make payment by inputting the card number, expiry date, card pin and the security code at the back of the card.
- Once payment is made and confirmed, you will be given an application pin which you must write down because it will be needed during the application process.
Over The Counter Payment
- Payment can also be made at The First City Monument Bank (FCMB) at Presidential Road Branch, Enugu OR at FCMB cash office in The University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Ituku/Ozalla Enugu State.
- The bank will issue a printed document with a pin on it. Use the pin to fill the application form online
NB: Please Note that payment can only be made at the FCMB branches stated above. And these two banks can only be found in Enugu. There is no other bank or account in which payment can be made.
Method Of Application
- After payment has been made, log on to the school’s website at unthenugu.com.ng.
- On the webpage, click on the APPLICATION tab on the menu bar and then click on APPLY to begin the application.
- Fill the online Application Form. Be mindful of the compulsory fields that have been asterisked (*), make sure you fill them.
- Once the Application Form is filled up, click on PREVIEW to view the form again and make sure there are no errors; some errors may not be corrected again after submission. Then save the application (you will be unable to submit until you verify payment and print the receipt).
- As soon as the form has been filled and saved, an application number will be generated for you; take note of the application number and write it out. Without this number, you will be unable to log in and continue your application or print your examination slip.
- After saving your application and generating your application number, the next step is to print your payment receipt. Click on PAYMENT VERIFICATION and then input/verify your pin (the one given to you at the bank or generated online after payment was made) to print your payment receipt. Without doing this, you will be unable to submit your application.
- If your receipt is not ready, you can save your application and try again the next day.
To continue your application some other day, go back to the school’s website, click on APPLICATION and click on REPRINT APPLICATION, then enter your application number and click PAYMENT VERIFICATION to print your receipt.
- After printing your receipt, then click on submit.
- Finally, you have to print your APPLICATION FORM and EXAMINATION SLIP. To do this, you log onto the website and go to APPLICATION on the menu and click REPRINT APPLICATION; enter your Application number and click on PRINT FORMS.
Application Deadline For The UNTH Post-Basic Cardio-Thoracic Nursing Admission Form
According to the information made available by the school, the deadline for the application is 30th September, 2020. However, it is advisable that all interested candidates apply early enough because the School Authorities might review the deadline once the number of applicants is overwhelming. And it is important to note that due to how sought after the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) Post-Basic Cardio-thoracic Nursing School Programme is, applications will be overwhelming before long. So please APPLY NOW!
The Entrance date has not been fixed yet. But applicants must constantly check their mails and their dashboards on the school’s application portal to keep abreast with all vital information. Once the date has been fixed, it will be posted on the school’s website.
In conclusion, be sure you meet all the requirements before you apply to avoid wasting your money. Keep to all the rules given by the institution and on this post to avoid errors and getting disqualified. Study hard for the exams, and remember that many people will be applying too, so give your best. If you are not very conversant with the application process, go to a good cyber café and request for help. And please it is advisable to avoid using your phone to apply online!!!