Take hold of a great opportunity to take on an Undergraduate study abroad this season, as The University of Manitoba, is awarding the International Undergraduate Student Bursary.
This Scholarship grant is open for the academic year of 2020-2021. The University welcomes interested aspirants who show an outstanding academic standing and demonstrate financial need.
About The Awarding Institution
The University of Manitoba is a Public Research University, located at the Province of Manitoba, Canada.
Founded in the year 1877, it is the first University of Western Canada. Manitoba is the largest University, both by total student enrollment, and campus area in the province of Manitoba.
The University makes its boasts on dozens of Faculties, and hundreds of Degree programs. It has 27 Academic Departments, found throughout the Bannatyne Campus.
It is consistently ranked among the top in the Canadian Universities. Its increased global outreach, has resulted in one of the most Internationally, diverse student bodies of Canada, and its competitive academic and research programmes, have consistently ranked among the top in the Canadian Parties.
Why You Should Study At The University Of Manitoba
University of Manitoba is an Institution that drives discovery, and inspires minds, through innovative teachings and research excellence, with a strong and engaged community of Students, Faculty, Staff, Alumni, Donors and Community Partners, which consists of more than 140,000 Alumni living in 137 Countries, showing a global impact.
UM is a University, that will build you as a student, on a foundation of innovative teaching, that will help you learn, thrive and grow through unique experiential and engagement activities, both on and beyond its campus.
International Undergraduate Student Bursary
Awarding Institution: University of Manitoba
Course Level of Study: Undergraduate
Access Mode: Online (Application process is carried out online)
Award: An amount worth up to $240,000
Required Nationality: The program is open to international students.
Deadline for the Application: For fall admission August 1, 2020, and for winter admission, December 1, 2020.
What Determines Eligibility?
In order to be deemed as an eligible participant of this program, candidates are required to meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must have a good Academic standing.
- The candidate must be registered in both the fall and winter streams for Admission.
- Candidate must clearly demonstrate financial need.
- Candidates must enroll for, and complete at least 60 per cent of a full course load per semester.
- Interested applicants must meet the minimum G.P.A. requirements.
- Continuing students must have a minimum degree G.P.A. of 2.0, while new students (from high school) must have a grade 12 average of 70% or higher.
- International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada, are not eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course of Study: The University will be able to offer a grant for any of the following courses offered by the University:
- Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Arts and Sciences
- Humanities and Sociology
- Law and Politics
Required Documents: High school degree certificate, Transcripts of the current school, Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested), Post-secondary transcript, Official test scores, Resume/curriculum vitae.
For an Undergraduate Degree, you are required to hold your High School Degree Certificate.
For candidates applying from outside of Canada, they will be required to show English language proficiency, which should meet the general entrance requirement of the University, based on the Country/Curriculum of previous study.
Applicant are also expected to meet the general entrance requirements, based on the country/curriculum of study.
These requirements should be in accordance to the Common International Curricula, which include the International Baccalaureate (I.B.) and the British patterned Education (G.C.E.).
How To Apply For The International Undergraduate Student Bursary
Interested candidates are required to be enrolled in a full-time Undergraduate Degree at the University of Manitoba.
After being enlisted at the University, they will be automatically considered for the grant program.
Interested candidates will need to follow the listed steps to ensure participation in selection:
- Find an Undergraduate Program at the University
- Review the general requirements for Admission and apply
- Check your application status
- Accept your offer upon selection
- Apply for admission at the University
Benefits Of The Program
The grant will be awarded to the selected participants as follows:
- An amount worth up to $240,000 which will be available annually.
- The award will be divided amongst the selected candidates according to their needs.