Looking to do your Master’s Degree in the UK with the possibility of a Scholarship on Full-Time Tuition Fees?
Well you are in luck, as candidates are now being invited to apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships.
What is the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship?
it is an Award grant that is targeted at Students, who are indigenous to eligible developing Countries, seeking to apply, to study for a Master’s Degree, which also includes working and residing in the Home country.
This Scholarship Award Program is an initiative, that seeks to contribute development needs, by equipping individuals from Commonwealth Countries, and providing them with skilled and professional training.
The Award is fully funded by the UK Department For International Development (DFID).
It is a critically acclaimed award in the UK, which fosters UK international development aims and overseas interest, in an attempt to improve excellence in UK Higher Education, and upholds the principles of the Commonwealth.
The Application Deadline is slated for: April 13th, 2020.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship | Details Of The Award
- It’s covers a Master’s Degree Course
- It is an Award for Full Tuition Fees
- It is available to developing Commonwealth Countries
- Candidates in the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships can study for a UK Master’s Degree, while living and working in their Home Country.
Who can Apply?
- Participating Countries; Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
- Candidates who are citizens of the above listed eligible Commonwealth Country, or a British protected person.
- A permanent resident in a low or middle-income Commonwealth Country.
- Candidates who have acquired a First Degree with at least a Second-Class Upper standard. However, a lower qualification may be considered if the candidate has relevant experience in areas of interest to the programme.
- Candidates who cannot afford to study the programme without this application.
How You Can Apply For The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship
- To be able to participate in this program, interested applicants must submit an online application form through this link: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/form43/form_login.html
- The following documents must be prepared;
- a copy of your Valid Passport or National ID Card showing your photograph
- Date of Birth and Country of Origin. These documents will be uploaded to the online application system
- At least one reference letter which will be submitted directly by the referee to the online application system. Referees will be sent an email request, however applicants are responsible for seeking permission from their referees, in advance of submitting their application; this is to ensure that their referees are available to complete the reference by the deadline; and that the referees have received the reference request email.
- An offer letter from the intending Institution to start your chosen course of study in the 2019-2020 Academic year, to be uploaded to the online application system.
- Full transcripts, detailing all your Higher Education Qualifications (with certified translations if not in English), to be uploaded to the online application system.
- All required documentation, uploaded to the online application system must be uploaded as files, that are no more than 5 MB in size, and must be in one of the following formats: PDF, .doc, .docx, .odt, .jpg, .jpeg. Documents that are submitted in any other format (which include Zip files and PDF Portfolios) will not be accepted. NOTE: The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship will not accept documents submitted outside the online application system.
- Candidates may also be required to take the IELTS English Language Test, as a condition of eligibility. However, the candidate will have to check with their UK University, to ascertain if this Test score is required of them. If they are required to take the test, then the candidate must provide a certificate of the test confirming an overall score of at least 6.5, which should be no less than 5.5 in each band. The IELTS test is considered valid only if it has been taken in no more than one year, prior to the start date of the course.
What Are The Benefits Of This Award?
The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship will provide full tuition fees, and all other compulsory costs of studying a UK Master’s programme by distance learning.
This also includes the full cost of any residential requirements of a course.