Turkey is a European Country with good environment, good people and Beautiful cities. However, before you cross over to the Turkish territory, you must get a Turkish VISA.
This article is detailed on how you can apply for the Turkey Immigration VISA, the required documents and how to get your residence permit in Turkey when you arrive.
Before you apply for the Turkish Immigration VISA, you must have a purpose for your Immigration.
This purpose will be a determination to the type of Immigration VISA you will apply for.
The Turkey Immigration VISA is always a long stay VISA, and the type of VISA you will likely apply for are; Work VISA, Study VISA, Family Reunion VISA etc.
Turkey Immigration VISA
There are many procedures you need to take when applying for the VISA, they are:
- Check what type of Turkish VISA you need to apply for: As stated earlier, your purpose of Immigration will determine the type of Immigration VISA you need.
- Find out when the right time to apply is: The best time to apply for the VISA is 60 days to your intended date of travel.
- Check where to submit your Turkey VISA application: You will have to Lodge your application at the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in your Home Country, or third party (any authorized Turkish VISA processing center or Turkish Embassy or Consulate in Another country nearest to you, in a case where your country has none).
To apply for a Turkey Immigration VISA, you should first complete the online form (here), which contains a few questions on your Identity, Nationality, and purpose of visit.
After filling the form, You will also be given with a date and time, for your VISA interview. Make sure you attend the interview, and submit all your documents on that day.
Collect the required documents: The Documents you need to collect for the application are:
- Turkey VISA Application Form
- Valid passport
- Two (2) identical photos. The Turkey VISA photo size should be 5cm x 6cm and taken within the last six months, and must:
- Be of high quality, in sharp focus and clean.
- Not have ink marks and creases.
- Have the appropriate brightness and contrast.
- Not have any staple marks.
- You must be looking directly at the camera.
- Proof of Accommodation: you have to prove where you will be staying through one of the following ways
- Hotel Booking in Turkey. If you will be staying at a Hotel, you should submit a booking letter that includes the entry and exit dates, your name, and surname, as well as the address and contact details of the Hotel.
- Invitation letter by a host in Turkey. If a Turkish resident has invited you to stay over at their place while you are in Turkey, then you need to submit a letter of invitation written by the host. It should include the details of the host, their contact, and the address of the place. Also, your Name and Surname, and your relationship with the Host.
- Proof of Financial support: The Turkish Authorities want you to show you have enough money to support yourself during your trip to Turkey. You should have about €50 for every day you plan to spend in Turkey. You can prove that you have the needed money through:
- Bank Statements for the last three months.
- Proof of other income as salary slips, from renting, proof of your spouse’s income, etc.
- Letter of support, from another person, who guarantees to cover your expenses. Proof that this person has the means to do so, is also required, i.e. their Bank statements.
- Proof of Flight Booking; If you are planning to travel to Turkey by plane, you will need to book a roundtrip flight and present this document to the Embassy or Consulate on the day of your appointment.
- It is compulsory to have Travel Medical Insurance in order to be able to travel to Turkey. The Insurance must cover the whole territory of Turkey with minimal coverage of €30,000.
- Submit a Police clearance certificate or another equivalent document obtained by the relevant authorities in your Country of residence. This document should show that you have not been involved in any criminal activities in recent years.
- If you are employed you need to submit a guarantee letter from your employer, which states that you will return to your Country of residence after the trip to Turkey. Pay slips for the last 3 months are also required.
- If you are a Business owner, you need to submit your Company’s certificate of establishment and registration, the company’s trade license, and the Company bank Account statement showing transactions for the last 3 months.
- If your spouse provides for you, you should submit the same applicable documents as listed above, for your spouse.
Required Documents for applicants under the age of 18 years old | Turkey Immigration VISA
- Birth certificate.
- Consent letter issued by the Parent that is not accompanying the child if, only one Parent is traveling with the minor VISA applicant.
- Documents on custody rights, if the Parents are divorced or a third person is the Legal Guardian of the applicant.
- Death certificate, if one or both Parents have passed away.
Submit the application: After you submit the application, you will have to pay the VISA fee. The Turkish VISA fees for sticker VISAs start at €117 the lowest, to €180 the highest, for most nationalities. Yet, citizens of some other Countries, as the UAE may have to pay higher VISAs, up to €465.
Wait for processing: You will have to wait for your VISA to be processed after application.
Turkish Residence Permit
On arriving Turkey, you will need to get a Residence Permit. The Residence Permit allows you to stay in Turkey for a long time and perhaps work.
The Residence Permit also enables you to live in Turkey, study, get married, convert to Turkish drivers’ license, get tax number, open a bank account, purchase property, make investments, and much more.
Note: Getting a residence permit in Turkey depends on your purpose of Immigration too. There are several types of residence permits in Turkey. Choose the one that fits in your purpose of Immigration.
How To Apply For The Residence Permit
You need to follow a number of procedures, in order to apply for a Turkish Residence Permit. Have in mind that you must apply for a residence permit, within a month of arrival in Turkey.
Make a decision on the type of residence permit you want to apply for, and then complete the online application at the website of the Turkish Ministry of Interior https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/.
You will have to provide your Name and Surname, Date of Birth, Parents’ Names, Nationality and Contact info.
After that, go to the “Central Appointment System” website and make an appointment at the nearest office of Directorate General of Migration Management.
You will need to complete a form, with your information and address in Turkey.
Then you will be presented with the address of the nearest DGMM office, and the list of the required documents, the available dates and times for the appointment and the application and card fee that you ought to pay.
Required Documents For The Turkey Residence Permit
On the day of your appointment, you will need to submit several documents at the nearest office of Directorate General of Migration Management. The following are the required documents for the Turkish Residence permit application.
- Residence permit application form.
- Four biometric photographs.
- Original passport.
- Notarized copy of the passport or travel document.
- Proof of sufficient and sustainable financial resources for the duration of the stay. You must prove you have in your Bank at least €500 for each month you spend in Turkey, or present proof that you will receive that amount monthly.
- Evidence of Health Insurance.