Taiwan is an Asian Country, characterized by good people, good environment, good culture and good Natural lifestyle.
One can easily Immigrate to Taiwan for a long stay, either to work, to study etc.
To Immigrate to Taiwan, you have to apply for Taiwan long stay VISA.
This article will guide you on how to apply for the VISA.
Taiwan Immigration VISA
As usual, before one has a proposed plan to do something, there must be an aim or a purpose.
Therefore, you must have a purpose of Immigration, which will then determine the type of long stay VISA you will apply for.
You will also need a resident permit once you enter Taiwan. This implies that the VISA is only a permit to enter Taiwan, while the Residence Permit allows you to stay in Taiwan.
Required Documents For The Taiwan Immigration VISA
You are to gather the following documents for the VISA application:
- Your passport or other travel documents, which is valid for at least another six months from the date of entry.
- The printed Taiwan VISA Application Form.
- Two passport-sized pictures.
- A return/onward flight or ferry ticket, which proves you intend to leave after your stay in Taiwan is over.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the duration of your stay.
- Proof of payment of the Taiwan VISA fee.
- Any additional documents based on the purpose of your Immigration.
You have to apply for the Taiwan Immigration VISA in person, at a Taiwanese Embassy or Consulate in your region.
If there is no Taiwanese diplomatic mission in your Country, you should submit your documents to the nearest one.
However, before you submit the application in person, you must fill in a Taiwan VISA application form online.
The application process for a Taiwan VISA is as follows:
- Complete the Online Taiwan VISA Application Form
- Print it
- Collect the required documents
- Submit them at the Taiwanese diplomatic mission in person
- They may also request an interview if they consider it necessary
- Pay the Taiwan VISA fee
If applying at a Taiwan Diplomatic Mission Overseas:
- Single-Entry Resident VISA: US$66
- Multiple-Entry Resident VISA: US$132
If applying in Taiwan:
- Single-Entry Resident VISA: NT$2,200
- Multiple-Entry Resident VISA: NT$4,400
- Wait for the VISA to be processed. The processing time for a Taiwan VISA depends on the country from which you’re applying, but it usually does not take long, varying from 2-10 working days from the time they receive your completed application.
- Once processed, pick up your passport as instructed. You may request for the passport to be sent to you via post, in which case you must include a self-addressed envelope.
How To Get A Taiwan Residence Permit
On arriving Taiwan, you need to get a residence permit.
It is the residence permit, known as an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC), that allows you to remain in the Country long-term, not the long-term VISA itself.
To get a Taiwan ARC, you must apply at a local service center of the National Immigration Agency within 15 days of arriving in Taiwan.