Before you move to reside in Switzerland, you must apply for a particular type of VISA corresponding to your own purpose of Immigration.
This could be Work VISA because you want to reside in Switzerland and work, Student VISA because you want to study in Switzerland, and others.
Switzerland Immigration VISA
- A completed Switzerland VISA application form.
- Two passport pictures that comply with the Switzerland VISA photo requirements.
- A valid passport, along with photocopies of current and previous passports/other travel documents
- Medical Insurance that covers your entire stay in Switzerland.
- A cover letter that explains your reason for going to Switzerland.
- Flight itinerary or proof of booked flight tickets.
- Proof of accommodation in Switzerland.
- Proof of civil status.
- Proof of sufficient financial means.
- Evidence of paid Swiss VISA fee.
Follow the following steps for successful application;
- Find out if you need to apply for a VISA to enter Switzerland.
- Determine what type of Switzerland VISA you need.
- Find out where you can apply.
- Find out when you should apply.
- Book a Switzerland VISA appointment.
- Fill in the Switzerland Schengen VISA application form.
- Gather the required documents.
- Show up to the appointment to apply.
- Pay the Switzerland VISA fees.
- Enter the VISA interview.
- Wait for processing.
Other Important Things To Note
- When you enter Switzerland, you’ll have to get a residence permit.
- Since you’re applying for a long stay VISA, you can extend your VISA when it expires.
- You can get a permanent residence permit after staying for at least 3 years in Switzerland.