Russia is one Country that has given birth to many Countries. Aside from that, Russia is a developed Country one can easily Immigrate to, either to work, study, reunite with family etc.
Immigrating to Russia, demands you to have the Russian Immigration VISA, depending on your purpose of Immigration. The essence of this article is to provide you with relevant information on how to apply for the VISA.
Before you apply for the VISA, you must check and confirm if you are a citizen of a Russian VISA-free Country.
There are several Countries that are exempted from using a VISA to enter Russia.
Required Documents For Russia Immigration VISA
You’re to gather the following documents for Application:
- VISA Application Form; Fill in the form electronically on the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MID) website ru, giving in all of the required information. Make sure your answers are correct and then print the form.
- Valid Passport; Your passport must have a minimum of six months of validity, after the expiration of the VISA you are applying for. In addition, it must have at least two blank pages, which do not have to be consecutive.
- A recent Russian VISA photograph; Glue this photo to the indicated space in the printed application form.
- Proof of residence; If you are not applying from your Home Country, but rather from a Country where you are residing, you should submit proof of residence in that particular Country for the last 90 days.
- VISA support; This is an invitation to travel to Russia. It may be an invitation issued by a Hotel, Friends, a Business etc., depending on the purpose of your trip.
Depending on your Country of residence and the VISA type you are applying for, you may also be required to submit the following documents for a Russia VISA.
- Bank Statements; If you are self-employed, a Company Director, working from home, or unemployed, you will need to submit Bank statements for the last three months. These Bank statements must prove that you have a minimum of €115 for each day you plan to stay in Russia.
- Health Insurance; Submit a confirmation that you have purchased health insurance in Russia. It should show the validity for the duration of the journey as well as indicate the geographical area coverage.
- Letters of Employer; You should submit a letter written and signed by your Employer. It should give full details on you, your destinations, dates, and purpose of the visit. It should as well state the name of the inviting organization and contact details of the responsible person in Russia. The letter must also explain who will take financial responsibility for the trip.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate; If you are traveling to Russia for auto Tourism, you should submit a Registration Certificate of the Vehicle. A cover letter with the details on the journey, itinerary and the other travelers accompanying you, will also be required in this case.
- Copy of the tickets to and from Russia.
- HIV Test (AIDS) Certificate; This test is required only for a Russian Student VISA, and Russian works VISA, and it must be taken within the last three months before application.
How To Apply For The
For easy application of the VISA, you should follow the steps below:
- Have an Invitation (VISA Support); Get the invitation from the General Directorate for Migration, for the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia.
- Fill and Complete the online application form. The application form for a VISA for Russia is available at the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MID) website kdmid.ru. Give in all of the required information, with correct and honest information.
- Gather Relevant needed documents; Proceed with collecting the required documents for a Russian VISA. Note that the required documents differ from one Country to the other. The documents also depend on the VISA type you are applying for. You should obtain a list of the required documents from the Russian Embassy/Consulate or the VISA center representing Russia in your Country of residence.
- Apply in Person at a Russian Consulate / Russian VISA Processing Center; You will need to show up with all these documents at the Russian consulate or the Russian VISA center. There is no need for a prior appointment, since walk-in applications are accepted. You will also have to pay the fees for a VISA application when you submit your documents.
- Get the immigration card; After you get your VISA for Russia, you can freely travel to the Country. However, there are still some tasks you need to complete. As soon as you enter Russia, during the passport control, you will have to fill out the Immigration card. The card consists of two identical parts, both of which you need to fill in. The Border Police will keep one part of the card. You should take the other one with you. Later, you will need to return this card to the Border Police, when you leave the Country.
- Register your VISA; Upon arrival in Russia, you have 7 working days to register your VISA. There are two ways to register a VISA. First, at the Hotel where you are staying. Second, through the property owner of the apartment you have rented for your stay, or where your friends reside (who have invited your over). You will need your Immigration Card and Passport, to register your VISA.
Note: The average processing time for a Russia VISA is 10 days. However, the processing can take from 7 to 20 working days. If you are in a hurry you will have to pay a higher fee and you will get your VISA within 3 days