Peru has always been a very nice and calm Country to Immigrate to. Many Foreign Nationals are residing in Peru as a result of work, studies etc.
To have more knowledge about the Peru Immigration VISA, and how to get the VISA ready, then you should give more attention to this article, as it has detailed information about the Peru Immigration VISA application.
Peru Immigration VISA
There are two types of Peru VISAs; Temporary VISA and Residence VISA.
The Temporary VISA is issued to people who wants to travel to Peru and stay for the period of not more than 183 days in a year. This type of VISA is usually for Tourism, business, and any other short stay purpose.
The Residence VISA on the other hand, is issued to foreigners that intends to spend more than 183 days in Peru. People who wants to Immigrate to Peru will have to apply for the Residence VISA instead.
Also, you should note that the residence VISA has different kinds of VISA in it. Depending on your purpose of Immigration, you will have to get a specific type of VISA.
If you are Immigrating to Peru because of work, you are to apply for the work VISA. if Studies, you should apply for the student VISA etc.
You can also Immigrate to Peru for the purpose of reuniting with your family.
Gather the following documents for the VISA. You will have to submit them alongside the VISA application form:
- VISA application form in two copies, fully completed. The answers must be given in capital letters. If filled in by hand, make sure you use black ink.
- Your passport, valid for at least another six months beyond the date of your arrival in Peru. Passport with a minimum validity of six months after expected date of arrival to Peru.
- Passport copies of the front and back sides of.
- Three recent photos in color (4.3 X 3.5 cm). Your face must cover between 70%-80% of the photo.
- Cover letter explaining the purpose of your trip to Peru. Do not forget to sign it at the end.
- Round-trip ticket reservation to Peru.
- Travel Itinerary for every day you plan to spend in Peru.
- Hotel reservation(s) in Peru.
- Proof of you can financially support your trip. This could be your recent bank statements, fixed deposits, and similar.
- If you are employed present a no-objection letter written and signed by your employer. The letter must indicate for how long you have been working with them, the purpose of your trip to Peru and the intended period of stay.
- Personal Income Tax Return (ITR), if applicable.
- If someone else is sponsoring your trip to Peru, located either in Peru or your country of residence you should submit the following additional documents:
- A guarantee letter from your sponsor attesting that he or she will be responsible to cover some or all costs of boarding and lodging, or repatriation, if needed.
- Valid identification document of your sponsor.
- Proof of financial solvency of the sponsor, e.g. bank statements, fixed deposit.
Be reminded that these are only the generally required documents, as you will need to submit additional documents depending on your purpose of Immigration to Peru.
Application Procedures For The Peru Immigration VISA
There are many steps that one has to take, in order to get his or her VISA ready.
These steps are:
- Contact with the Peruvian Embassy in your Country of residence or its representative Authorities closest to your Home. They will inform you whether you need to make a VISA appointment by phone, email, online, or you can just show up at the Embassy, as this procedure differs from one country to another.
- Obtain the full list of the required documents in the website of the Embassy of Peru in your country, or ask the person with whom you contacted to ask regarding the appointment to provide you with one.
- Collect the required documents. Make sure these documents meet the criteria as set by the authorities of Peru, as if not, your application will be rejected.
- Attend your VISA appointment with all the required documents with you. Show there on time as being late may cause you to lose your appointment date, and you will have to schedule another.
- During the appointment you will also have to attend the interview with a consular officer, who will ask you some basic questions regarding to your intended trip, background and similar.
- Pay the VISA fee. You will either be able to pay the VISA fee at the embassy, or they will provide you with a piece of document, with which you will pay the fee at a particular bank, and the return to the embassy to submit the payment receipt.
- Wait for the VISA to be Processed: The processing time for Peru Immigration VISA is 30 days
When the Peru Immigration VISA is ready and you collect it, you can then travel to Peru.
Peruvian Residence VISAs are valid as follows:
- VISAs for family reunion, employment, studying, independent and religious are valid for a maximum of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
- The Diplomatic VISAs are valid for limited periods as decided by the Government of Peru.
- Rentier Immigrant VISAs have an undefined validity.