The Norway Immigration VISA allows its holders to reside in the Country, either temporarily or permanently.
And there must be a purpose for your move, before you are granted a Norwegian VISA.
Depending on the purpose of your travel to Norway, there are different types of VISAs that will apply to the occasion.
- Work VISA
- Student VISA
- Business VISA
- Family reunion VISA etc.
Norway Immigration VISA
Before you apply for the Norway Immigration VISA, you must compile and provide the following documents;
- Download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Norway Schengen VISA application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Norway VISA.
- Your passport and copies of your previous VISAs – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the VISA – if not otherwise required
- Travel Insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000€ coverage within Norway and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Norway and itinerary.
- Flight Reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Norway. Learn how to make flight itinerary for VISA application!
- Proof of Accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Norway. Learn how to get Hotel reservation for VISA application!
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable).
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Norway. A foreign National who seeks to enter the territory of Norway, needs to attest to the Embassy or Consulate, when applying for a Norwegian VISA owning of at least 500 NOK that are equivalent to 53.34€. However, this number is not officially fixed and typically, the amount is decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
Pension statement of the latest 6 months.
Other documents may be needed depending on the purpose of your immigration.
You will successfully apply for the Norway Immigration VISA, if you follow these steps.
- Find out if your country needs a Schengen VISA to enter Norway or not.
- Download the Norway VISA Application form and fill it correctly
- Compile all your documents
- Find out where to Lodge your application
- Book an appointment
- Attend VISA interview
- Pay VISA fee
- Wait for your VISA
- You can extend your VISA, but the conditions depend on the type of VISA you need.
- The VISA can last for months or years, but you’ll need to be renewing them. You can apply for the Permanent Residence permit after your long stay in Norway, but you must have to meet some conditions.