On this page, we would provide you with the step-by-step procedures, on how you can successfully apply for the Moldova Immigration VISA.
And since you fall under the category of candidates that wants to immigrate to Moldova, then do well to read this article to the end.
Moldova Immigration VISA
Your purpose of Immigration to Moldova, determines the type of VISA you will apply for.
First of all, you will have to apply for Moldova Long stay VISA.
Under the long stay VISA, there are several VISA you may apply for, depending on your own interest. There is a work VISA.
The Moldova Work VISA permits you to work in any Company in the Country, so far you have a Residence Permit.
You may have to study in any accredited Educational Institutions in Moldova, or you may decide to Immigrate to Moldova, in order to reunite with your family etc.
Any of the choice you make, at the end, you will have to get a Residence Permit when you arrive Moldova.
You will need to submit several documents for the purpose of applying for this kind of VISA;
- Moldova VISA Application Form
- Your passport or other travel document, issued in the last ten years and valid for at least another three months, past the date you will depart Moldova.
- A recent colored picture with 35mm x 45mm dimensions
- An invitation letter from the Bureau for Migration and Asylum
- Or, alternatively, a VISA or residence permit issued by an EU Member State
- Travel Health Insurance, covering at least €30,000 for the duration of your stay
- Certificate of Police clearance
- If you want to Work: You need a Work Permit, issued by the National Agency for Employment, of the Ministry of Economy
- If you are Immigrating for studies:
- Proof you can financially fund your stay, yourself or through a Scholarship
- Letter of confirmation/enrollment from the Moldova Educational Institution
- If you are Immigrating for family reunion:
- Authorization issued by the Bureau for Migration and Asylum that you have met the conditions on Family reunion
- Proof of family ties, such as a Birth or Marriage Certificate
- Any other documents which are requested of you, and which support your application
Note: All your documents must be properly arranged and avoid providing a fake Document as it may lead to the rejection of your VISA.
Application Procedures For The Moldova Immigration VISA
The application procedures for the Moldova Immigration VISA, is unlike that of the Moldova Tourist VISA. In this one, you will have to apply at any Moldova Diplomatic Mission in your Home Country. You can follow the steps below for easy application;
- Contact a Moldova Representative Office, (such as a Consulate or Embassy in your Country or the one responsible for your region) to make an appointment. If there is no Moldova Embassy or Consulate or any authorized VISA application center outscored by Moldova in your country, then you have to visit the nearest one in your neighboring Country to make the appointment.
- Submit the required documents for a long-stay Moldova VISA: You will have to submit all the required documents. You can see the list of the documents above.
- Pay the VISA fee: you must pay the VISA fee, immediately after you submit your application.
- Wait for the VISA to be processed: The processing time for the Moldova Immigration VISA depends on your Country, the load of work the Embassy or Consulate has, and of course the type of VISA you’re Applying for. But however, the VISA may be Processed within 20 calendar days.
If approved, you can enter Moldova, where you can apply to get the Moldova Residence Permit.
Moldova Residence Permit
If you want to stay in Moldova for longer than 90 days after entering the country on a long-stay VISA, you have to apply for a Residence Permit from the Bureau for Migration and Asylum, of Ministry of Internal Affairs.
To apply for a Residence Permit, you must have the following documents:
- A photocopy of your passport and long-stay VISA
- Three passport-size pictures, 5×6 mm
- Original Medical Certificate
- Proof of having paid the fee
- Proof of housing in Moldova
- Documents depending on the purpose of your travel, such as:
- For Family Reunification: Copy of your Spouse’s ID and your marriage certificate
- For work: Copy of the work contract and the argued opinion from the National Agency for Employment
- For studies: Acceptance into a Moldova Educational Institution
- Any other documents you may be requested to submit
Additionally, Foreign Nationals who have lived in Moldova on a Residence Permit, for a certain amount of time, may be eligible for Moldova Citizenship.