Mexico is the largest of the Spanish-speaking Countries in the World, with a rich and diverse culture and countless historical heritages. Many of which are protected UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
It is one of the most-visited places in the World, attracting millions of Tourists every year, who are looking to enjoy Mexico’s vibrant way of life.
However, it also attracts foreigners that are looking to work for a Mexican employer, or to pursue their studies in a Mexican Educational Institution.
Before you apply for the Mexico Immigration VISA, you must have a purpose.
This implies that you will need to apply for the Mexico Immigration VISA depending on your purpose of visit.
There are different purposes that can take you to Mexico, it could be because of work, school, Family reunion etc.
This article explains how you can apply for the Mexico Immigration VISA, and also the documents you need to submit for application.
The Mexico Immigration VISA is given to foreigners, who wishes to enter Mexico and stay for a period of time more than 180days.
They will be given a Temporary Residence permit once they arrive Mexico, or a permanent residence permit if you want to.
Mexico Immigration VISA
Required Documents For Mexico Immigration VISA
You are to provide the following documents for Immigration;
- The Mexico VISA Application Form;
- Your passport (or other travel document), which is valid for at least another six months and has blank pages to affix the VISA.
- A passport size picture
- Proof of sufficient financial means to cover the duration of your stay.
- Booked return flight ticket.
- Invitation from someone in Mexico, such as a Company or organization, if applicable.
- If applying from a Country that’s not your Nationality: Proof of legal residence there, such as a residence permit.
- Any additional documents related to your purpose of travel.
Note: Any Document is not written in English or Spanish should be translated. you are to submit both the original copy, and the translated copy to proof.
You have to apply for the Mexico VISA at a Mexican Embassy in your Country (or the one nearest to you). The application process is as follows:
- Contact the Mexico Embassy to set up an appointment.
- Complete the Mexico VISA Application Form.
- Collect the required documents.
- Submit the application and pay the fee.
Note: If you are from Turkey or Russia, you may be eligible to get a Mexican Tourist VISA online through the Electronic Travel Authorization (Sistema de Autorización Electrónica, SAE).
You have to download and complete the Mexico VISA Application Form.
You can usually find the application form on the Website of the Mexico Embassy where you will apply.
In some cases, you will receive your application form at the Embassy, when you submit the application.
On the date of your appointment, you must submit the documents and application form at the Mexico Embassy. You also have to pay a Mexico VISA fee.
Note: The time it takes to process a Mexican VISA, depends on the specific Embassy in which you are applying.
Mexico Immigration VISA Fee
The VISA fee for Mexico is about $36. However, the VISA fee may change depending on the type of VISA you’re applying for, as well as the Country in which you submit your application.
Mexico Temporary Residence Permit
You have to change your Mexico VISA to the Mexico Residence Permit, within 30 days of your arrival in Mexico, at an office of the National Immigration Institute in Mexico (Instituto Nacional de Migracion (INM)).
When you apply, you should have the following with you:
- The Resident Card request form, which you can download from the Website of the Immigration Offices.
- Your passport with the Temporary Resident VISA affixed.
- The Forma Migratoria Múltiple (FMM) which you received at the airport.
- Payment of the Resident Card.
- A cover/request letter for the Temporary Resident Card addressed to the Instituto Nacional de Migración
- Proof of enrollment into the Mexican educational institution
You cannot extend your Mexico Immigration VISA, you will only have to extend your residence permit once it expires.