Honduras has been and is one of the calmest Countries to Immigrate to. Get to relax and work there, marry and reside with your family.
To know more about the application processes for the Honduras Immigration VISA, and also the documents you will need for the VISA application, you must stick to this article, as it will be your guide for Honduras Immigration.
Honduras Immigration VISA
To Immigrate to Honduras, you must have a purpose. Your purpose of Immigration will determine the kind of VISA you will apply for.
If it is because of studies that you are Immigrating, then you need to apply for the Immigration VISA for Students, who will stay longer than 90 days. If it is because of work, then you will apply for Immigration VISA for work, get a work permit and reside in the Country.
Some also Immigrate to Honduras to reunite with theory families etc. But before you apply for the VISA, you must be sure if your Country needs a VISA or not. Because of the Central America-4 Free Mobility Agreement reached between El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, those holding a VISA to any of the four, can travel to the other three without needing any other VISA or permit.
However, there are several Countries that exempted from Honduras VISA, but it’s only for a 90day stay, or less than that.
To apply for the VISA, you will have to gather the following documents;
- Fully completed VISA application form.
- Two recent photographs in the size of your passport photo.
- Your valid passport, with an expiration date that is at least six months away.
- Your flight itinerary from your current Country of stay to Honduras, and vice versa.
- Invitation letter from a host
- Proof of VISAs from other countries, which you currently hold.
- If you are a foreign resident of the Country in which you are applying for the VISA to Honduras, you must indicate your current residency status, i.e. student, tourist, etc.
- Proof of financial support
- Copy of proof of fee payment
- Any other documents depending on your purpose of Immigration
Note; you may be required to provide additional document. You must make an inquiry from the Consulate you are lodging your VISA.
Application Procedures For The Honduras Immigration VISA
To apply for the VISA, you will need to follow these steps;
- Find out the nearest Honduras Consulate or Embassy in your Home Country. If none, you must find the nearest one in your neighboring Country. Email or phone the Embassy, Consulate or other representative diplomatic mission of Honduras nearest to your home.
- They will then send a complete list of the required documents for your particular purpose of the trip to Honduras, as sometimes there are additions or less required documents for some Countries.
- When you have the list of the required documents, proceed to gather them and send them to the Consulate by express mail, or even on your own. Do not forget to include a pre-paid envelope in which you will get your passport back. You will then may be invited to attend an interview.
The VISA application fees are:
Single Entry VISA – $30.00
Multiple Entry VISA – $60.00
Also, every traveler to Honduras aged 12 and older, must pay an Airport Service fee of $25, or its equivalent in local currency, while departing Honduras. Exempt from this fee are transit travelers, leaving within 12 hours of arrival.
Once you show up at the Honduran port of entry, you will have to present a few documents to prove your identity and rights to enter the Country.
- Your passport, valid for at least another six months.
- Flight tickets to your Home Country/next destination after Honduras.
- Honduras VISA, if you are from a country under the Honduran VISA regime.
Additional entry requirements for minors (all travelers under 21):
- Letter of approval, authenticated and signed by both parents or legal guardians, if the child is traveling alone.
- Letter of approval, is authenticated in advance and signed by the other parent or legal guardian, if the child is traveling with only one parent.