The sole purpose of this article, is to guide and completely educate you on how you can successfully apply for the Finland Immigration VISA.
Do well to read to the end, and also follow the instructions that has been provided, in order to ensure a successful application.
Finland Immigration VISA
Can I Reside in Finland without using a VISA to enter?
Yes! you can.
If only you’re from a Country that is exempted from using a VISA to enter Finland.
for example, the EU Countries, Nordic Countries etc. But you’ll have to get a residence permit once you enter Finland.
What requirements do I need to apply?
You should not panic about the required documents for the Finland immigration VISA.
They aren’t tough, as all you need to provide have been outlined below;
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Finland Schengen VISA application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- Two photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Finnish VISA.
- Your passport and copies of your previous VISAs – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the VISA – if not otherwise required
- Travel medical VISA insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Finland and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Finland and itinerary
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Finland. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the VISA – if not otherwise required. Learn how to book a round trip reservation online!
- Proof of Accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Finland. Learn how to get Hotel booking or reservation for Finnish VISA application.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay
- If employed:
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave approval letter from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- If self-employed:
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- If retired:
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- If applicable:
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
- Finland VISA for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
- Finland VISA For The Wife/Husband of a Finnish citizen:
- Proof of Finnish citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Finnish nationality or naturalization order)
- Finnish marriage certificate
- Finnish family record book
3. How do I apply for the Finland immigration VISA?
For you to apply for the VISA, you will have to download Finland VISA Application form, and fill it correctly first.
Secondly, you have to gather the aforementioned documents and make them ready.
Thirdly, Lodge your application form at the Finland Embassy / consulate in your Home Country.
Fourthly, Book an appointment with the Finnish consulate
Fifthly, attend the VISA interview.
Sixthly, Pay your VISA fee
Lastly, wait for the VISA to be processed.
4. What will happen after I have gotten the VISA?
When you’ve secured your VISA, you can then travel to Finland. On arrival you will have to get your residence permit. either permanent or temporary.
Note: permanent permit is granted to people that have resided in the country for a. long period.
You can also extend your Finland VISA if it expires.