Millions of people Immigrate to Denmark every year, for one thing or the other.
This article explains how you can apply for the Denmark Immigration VISA.
Denmark Immigration VISA
Before you apply for the VISA, you have to consider few things.
What is your purpose of immigration?
You must have your purpose of Immigration, before you apply for the VISA. It determines the kind of VISA you will apply for.
You can Immigrate because you want to work, study or reunite with your family in Denmark.
Do you need a VISA to enter Denmark?
There are some Countries that are exempted from getting a VISA, before they enter Denmark.
The VISA-free Countries, for the Denmark Immigration VISA are the Schengen Countries, EU Countries, EAA Countries, and the Nordic Countries.
On the other hand, the following Countries needs a VISA to enter Denmark;
- New Guinea
- Palestinian Authority
- Sao Tome And Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Burkina Faso
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Cote D’ivoire
- Malawi Togo
- Dem. Rep. Of Congo
- Dominican Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- North Korea
- Northern Mariana’s
Required Documents For The Denmark Immigration VISA
- The Denmark Immigration VISA application form should be filled completely, and with sincerity. You can also fill the Denmark Schengen VISA application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous VISAs – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel Health Insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Denmark and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Denmark and itinerary (Click to find cover letter samples!).
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers, specifying entry and exit from Denmark.
- Hotel Reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Denmark. Find and Book Cheap Hotels in Denmark.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable).
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Denmark
- If employed:
- Employment contract
- Current Bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from Employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- If self-employed:
- A copy of your Business license
- Company Bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- If a Student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from School or University
- If retired:
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- If applicable:
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
Download the Denmark Immigration VISA Application Form:
Fill the application form after you have downloaded it. Make sure that the information you provide on the form are accurate.
Collect all the required Documents: All the documents listed earlier should be compiled and be ready.
Lodge your Application: Your Schengen Tourist VISA for Denmark should be submitted at the Denmark Embassy/Consulate in your Home Country. If your Country does not have a Danish Embassy, then you should visit any authorized agency by Denmark to handle IMMIGRATION services.
Attend VISA Interview: After you have booked your appointment, you have to attend the VISA interview.
You should arrive at the interview center early.
Pay your Danish VISA fee
Wait for The VISA to be processed
Note: You will have to get a residence permit when you arrive Denmark.
Your Immigration VISA can be extended when it expires.