The permanent residence of foreigners in China, means the period of foreigners’ stay in China is not limited.
By holding their valid passports and the Certificate of Permanent Residence of Foreigners, they can enter and exit China without a VISA.
Certificate of Permanent Residence of Foreigners is the legitimate identity card of Foreigners, having obtained permanent residence and may be used independently.
The validity of Certificate of Permanent Residence of Foreigners is five or ten years.
Foreigners aged over 18 years and granted permanent residence, should be issued Certificates of Permanent Residence of Foreigners of 10 years.
While Foreigners aged under 18 years old being granted permanent residence, should be issued Certificates of Permanent Residence of Foreigners of five years.
China Immigration VISA
Permanent Residence Permit and their Application Requirements.
|for Spouse Reunion||spouses of Chinese citizens or of Foreigners having obtained permanent residence in China, whose marriage has lasted for five years, and who have lived in mainland for five years in a row, the annual stay here being no shorter than nine months, and who have stable and secured living status and place to live|
for Seeking Reunion with Parents
unmarried children aged under 18 years old who come to live with their parents
having direct investment, stable investment in China for three years in a row, and having a sound taxation record
|having assumed the posts of deputy general manager or deputy director of plants or higher level posts or posts of associate professors or associate research fellows and similar posts for more than four years in a row, and the period of stay in accumulation being no shorter than three years and having sound taxation record|
|for Outstanding Foreigners|| |
having major and outstanding contributions to China or needed urgently by China
|for Dependants||persons having no direct relatives abroad entering China to live with direct relatives, who are over 60 years old, have lived in China for five years in a row, whose annual stay being no shorter than nine months and have stable and secured living status and places to live.|
Submit Application | China Immigration VISA
- Authority for handling application of Foreigners for permanent residence in China, is the public security administration of municipal people’s Government, having districts under its administration, and the branch public security bureau or County level public security bureau of municipalities, directly under the Central Government. The Authority for examining and verifying the applications filed by Foreigners for permanent residence is the public security administrations of various provinces, autonomous regions or municipalities directly under the Central Government. The Authority for the examination and approval of the applications filed by Foreigners for permanent residence is the Ministry of Public Security.
- The applicant or the Parent of the applicant, who is unmarried and aged under 18 years old can apply for permanent residence in person, or entrust a third party to submit the application. In case of application filed by an entrusted third party, the power of attorney issued by the applicant should be provided. The power of Attorney issued by applicants abroad should be attested by Chinese embassies or consulate offices in the countries or regions.
Also Note: Fees: 1,500 RMB Application Fee for each person; 300 RMB for each Foreigner’s Permanent Residence Permit;
Other Things To Note About The China Immigration VISA – Residence Permit
- Foreigners granted permanent residence in China, will be granted Certificate of Permanent Residence of Foreigners by the Ministry of Public Security. Whereas the applicant is abroad, the Ministry of Public Security will issue Form of Conformation of Permanent Residence of Foreigners, the applicant should go to the Chinese Embassies or Consulate offices to apply for D VISA on the strength of the Form, and obtain Certificate of Permanent Residence of Foreigners within 30 days upon entry from the public security authority that has accepted the applications.
- Foreigners holding Certificate of Permanent Residence of Foreigners should apply for renewal of certificates one month prior to the expiration of the validity of the certificates. Whereas the content of the certificates has been changed, the holders should apply for change or renewal within one month upon the changes. In case of damage or loss of the certificates, the holders should apply for renewal or change of certificates in a timely manner.
- Foreigners granted permanent residence should stay in China for more than three months in accumulation every year. However, they are not able to satisfy that requirement due to certain actual needs, they should obtain approval from the public security administration of the provinces, autonomous regions or municipalities, directly under the Central Government where they have the permanent residence. However, their stay in China in a period of five years should be no shorter than one year.
- Whereas the validity of Certificate of Permanent Residence of Foreigners expires, or items of Certificate of Permanent Residence of Foreigners have been changed, or the Certificate of Permanent Residence of Foreigners have been lost or damaged, the certificate holders should apply to the public security authority of municipal people’s Governments with subordinate districts or branch public security bureaus or county level bureaus of municipalities directly under the Central Government, where they have permanent residence for change, or renewal of certificates. Whereas the public security authority considers that the certificate holders have not lost qualifications to maintain permanent residence in China, it should change or renew the certificates within one month.
- Foreigners having permanent residence in China under any of the following circumstances, will be cancelled of their permanent residence by the Ministry of Public Security, and their Certificate of Permanent Residence of Foreigners will be revoked or declared invalid:
- likely to cause harms to the national safety and interests;
- ordered by the people’s court to be expelled from of the country;
- obtaining permanent residence by way of providing falsified materials and other illegal methods;
- accumulated stay in a year being less than three months or accumulated stay in a period five years being less than one year, without permission.
You can also reach us via the comment section, for more details on how to apply for the China Immigration VISA.