Cambodia is an Asian Country with a nice culture and lifestyle. The people of Cambodia are friendly and of course, peaceful.
They accommodate Foreign Nationals that have made up their minds to Immigrate to the Country.
And Foreign citizens or Nationals that wants to Immigrate to Cambodia, reside there and work or do any other thing, must get the Cambodia Immigration VISA.
To know more about Cambodia VISA, you need to give more attention to this article, read it to the end to know the application process for the VISA, and also the required documents for the VISA application.
Cambodia Immigration VISA
There are different kinds of Immigration VISA. The type of Immigration VISA you will apply for, depends on your purpose of Immigration.
You may wish to Immigrate to Cambodia because of work, or you may want to reside in Cambodia and study in any accredited Educational Institutions. You can also Immigrate to Cambodia if you are retired above the age of 55, and can sustain yourself financially without working.
Foreigners who intends to Immigrate to Cambodia for family reunion and for job-seeking, can also get a Cambodia Immigration VISA.
The VISA is also known as the Cambodia ordinary VISA. The Cambodian ordinary VISA can be extended for up to 6 months or even a year, depending on your purpose of Immigration.
Can I Be Exempted From Applying For The Cambodia Immigration VISA?
Yes! you can be exempted from applying for the Cambodia VISA.
There are some Countries that have reached a VISA-waiver agreement with Cambodia, to this cause, they can travel to Cambodia without a VISA.
They can only stay for a stipulated period of time. However, the VISA exemption is for Tourism purpose only.
During application, there are some documents you must submit, alongside the application form. The documents are;
- Your passport, which must be valid for at least another six months and with at least one blank VISA page
- A return-trip ticket.
- Cash in US dollars to pay the VISA fee (US$30 for tourist VISA; US$35 for ordinary VISA)
- When applying at an Embassy: Any other documents that the immigration officers require, such as a cover letter, invitation letter, etc.
Note: After you arrive in Cambodia, you will need additional documents to extend your ordinary VISA, depending on the type of extension you need, such as a work contract, proof of enrollment in a Cambodian school, etc.
The Cambodia Ordinary VISA application is to be done at the Cambodia diplomatic missions abroad. You will have to apply for the VISA at the Embassy or Consulate of Cambodia in your Home Country, or any authorized VISA application center outscored by Cambodia.
In a situation where there is none, you must contact the nearest Cambodian Embassy or Consulate in your neighboring Country.
However, you may need to follow these procedures for application:
- Locate the nearest Embassy/Consulate. See a list of diplomatic missions of Cambodia here, along with their addresses and contact information.
- Contact the Embassy/Consulate or visit its website to learn more about the VISA application process and requirements.
- Collect the required documents. There will usually be a list of documents on the website.
- Go to the Embassy/Consulate in person or send the application by mail, depending on their specific requirements.
You have to note that, because of the COVID-19 travel restrictions, an Embassy/Consulate is the only place where you can get a Cambodian VISA.
Ordinary (E) VISAs can be extended for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months, depending on your need, at the Immigration Department of the Cambodian National Police.
When you extend your VISA, you must have with you all the relevant documents relating to your purpose in Cambodia. If you are going to work, you need a work contract/letter, if you will study, you need a letter of enrollment, etc.