Are you clueless about what to do about online courses, or you are tired of coming across Online Courses that charge beyond your financial capabilities?
There is good news for you. The University of Queensland is offering a free online course on Tourism and Travel Management.
This course will provide you with substantive insights, into the management challenges, facing destinations and operators.
In this seven-week course, applicants will lead Tourism Practitioners, and Researchers offer insider, perspectives on this dynamic and growing industry.
Free Online Course On Tourism And Travel Management
Course Length: 7 weeks
Effort required: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: The University of Queensland and edx
Course Language: English
Course Price: Free
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
About The Institution
The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia, is one of the World’s premier teaching and research Institutions.
Striving for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer, and application of knowledge UQ ranks in the top 50 Universities, as measured by the QS World University Rankings.
UQ has a strong focus on teaching excellence, having won more Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT), than any other in the Country, and attracting the majority of Queensland’s highest academic achievers, as well as top interstate and Overseas students.
It is a University that is committed to excellence in learning experiences, and outcomes for its students.
The University’s outstanding 268,000-plus Alumni, include a Nobel laureate, an Academy Award winner, and leaders in government, law, science, public service and the arts. The University celebrates its alumni as its greatest assets.
Their achievements make the University great and, in return, work even harder to strengthen its reputation in the world of education and related concerns.
What You Need To Know About The Course
This course will provide you with substantive insights into the management challenges facing destinations and operators.
It will show you the proper steps that you need to follow, for research-informed resolutions.
The course comprises seven modules, with each module co-delivered by two or more expert academics.
Why You Should Take This Course
You will gain an experience on the global scale of the thriving tourism and travel Industry, which is forecasted to generate US$11 trillion over the next 10 years.
With over a billion International tourist arrivals per annum Worldwide over recent years, more people from around the world are setting out for new destinations.
The course will teach you to be able to understand the complexity of challenges, faced by the tourism industry.
You will learn how to examine tourism and travel management principles.
You will learn how to create resolutions and strategies to address tourism issues and challenges.
- Pierre Benckendorff: Associate Professor, Sara Dolnicar, Vice-Chancellor Research Fellow
- Sally Driml: Lecturer in Tourism Management
- Sheranne Fairley: Senior Lecturer
- Karen Hughes: Senior Lecturer
- Judith Mair: Senior Lecturer
- Brent Ritchie: Professor
- Richard Robinson: Senior Lecturer
- Lisa Ruhanen: Associate Professor
- David Solnet: Associate Professor
- Gabby Walters: Senior Lecturer
Course Requirements: None
How to Sign Up for The Free Online Course On Tourism And Travel Management
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant Sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the login button on the org homepage, and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.).