Application Deadline: July 10, 2022
Young people from around the world are gathering in Rotterdam to shape the Global Goal on Adaptation. The Global Center on Adaptation and its Youth Advisory Panel are convening the first Global Youth Adaptation Summit to bring together young leaders, decision-makers and experts for the most important youth gathering on adaptation ahead of COP27.
Participants of the two-day program will join capacity-building workshops in the field of leadership and adaptation, follow keynote speeches by experts in the field of climate action, and deliberate in working groups on a written outcome of the first Global Youth Adaptation Summit, to be presented to the Friends of GCA High-Level Dialogue and at the Pre-COP27. In addition, the Summit is a platform to exchange experiences in implementing adaptation solutions with young people from around the world. The Summit will be concluded with a shared meal by young leaders and high-level dignitaries in the field of international diplomacy.
Commitment: Youth shaping the Global Goal on Adaptation
Young leaders selected to take part in the Summit will be required to engage in adaptation efforts in their communities leading up to and after the Summit, through:
- Advocacy efforts to raise awareness of climate change adaptation.
- Engagement with decision-makers and policy-makers to present youth views.
- Replication of consultations to identify gaps, needs and opportunities.
- The applicant must be between the age of 18-35 at the time of application.
- If selected, the applicant must be available to fully attend the program
- Must be available to take part in 1 virtual preparatory call in August 2022
- Participants joining in person must be able to communicate in English
- Applications are open to young people interested in shaping the international adaptation agenda, and learning from young leaders from around the world.
- In particular, young people already committed to implementing climate solutions at the local, national, regional and international level are encouraged to apply.
- To minimize the carbon footprint of the Summit, only participants able reach the Summit by train will be invited to join in-person.
- For participants living outside of the Netherlands and within Europe, there are several scholarships available to cover accommodation and travel to the Summit.
- Those interested in being considered for a fully-funded spot can register their interest in the application form.
Applicants are asked to share and discuss their experience pertaining to climate action and related domains including, but not limited to:
- Experience in the field of implementing climate solutions.
- Familiarity with policy-making and decision-making processes.
- Connection with youth organizations/networks in their communities.
- Their motivation for participating in the Summit;
- Their motivation for continuing to shape the international adaptation agenda after the Summit has taken place.
The event will have a hybrid format with an in person gathering in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The working language will be English. For participants joining online interpretation could be provided.
10th July 2022: Deadline to submit application for participation
1st August 2022: Announcement of selected candidates
August 2022: Preparatory meeting
3rd – 4th September: Global Youth Adaptation Summit
For More Information: