Do you know that you can also take a Business trip to Vietnam perfectly?
Aside from issuing a Tourist VISA for people, who wishes visit and spend holiday with family and friends, Vietnam also issues a Business VISA for Foreigners, who intend to engage in any Business-related activity in Vietnam.
This article thoroughly explains how to apply for the Vietnam Business VISA.
Vietnam Business VISA
Foreigners that will enter Vietnam for Business purposes, have to apply for a Vietnam Business VISA (also known as a Vietnam DN VISA).
The Business VISA for Vietnam is a short-term VISA, issued to foreigners who will be working with a Company in Vietnam, attending a meeting/negotiation, signing a contract, etc.
This type of VISA is issued for a maximum of 12 months, for single or multiple entries.
Do I Need The Vietnam Business VISA?
The Vietnamese Business VISA is for everybody. However, the Nationals of the following Countries are exempted from getting a VISA to enter Vietnam.
- Belarus* (up to 15 days)
- Brunei (up to 14 days)
- Cambodia (up to 30 days)
- Chile (up to 90 days)
- Denmark* (up to 15 days)
- Finland* (up to 15 days)
- France* (15 days)
- Germany* (up to 15 days)
- Indonesia (up to 30 days)
- Italy* (up to 15 days)
- Japan* (up to 15 days)
- Kyrgyzstan (up to 30 days)
- Laos (up to 30 days)
- Malaysia (up to 30 days)
- Myanmar (up to 14 days)
- Norway* (up to 15 days)
- Philippines (up to 21 days)
- Russia* (up to 15 days)
- Singapore (up to 30 days)
- South Korea* (up to 15 days)
- Spain* (up to 15 days)
- Sweden* (up to 15 days)
- Thailand (up to 30 days)
- United Kingdom* (up to 15 days)
*Citizens of these Countries must wait at least 30 days between visits if they want to re-enter Vietnam.
Requirements For The Vietnam Business VISA
You are required to gather the following documents for the Vietnamese Business VISA.
- Your passport, which has at least another six months’ validity.
- If you are applying for an e-VISA or the Letter of Approval online, you have to send a scan of your passport’s personal information and picture page.
- Passport-size picture(s) with the following specifications:
- Size: 4 cm x 6 cm
- Taken recently
- White background
- You must be centered in the picture, staring ahead with a neutral facial expression
- If you wear headgear for religious purposes or you have a wig, you may keep it in the picture but must also be wearing on arrival
- You must not be wearing any glasses
- Proof you have paid the Vietnam VISA fee
- If you are applying at an Embassy/Consulate:
- The Vietnam VISA Application Form. Depending on which Country you are applying from, you can either download it or get the Vietnam VISA Application Form at the Embassy/Consulate.
- Letter of Sponsorship/Entry Clearance
- Any other additional documents that the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate may require, such as a Letter of Invitation.
- If you are applying for the Vietnam VISA On Arrival:
- Pre-obtained Letter of Approval
- Entry and Exit Form. You will receive this on the airplane and you have to complete it before handing it in at the Immigration Officers at the port of entry
- Cash to pay the Vietnam VISA stamping fee
You can apply for the VISA via online, on arrival, or at the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in your Home Country.
If you’re applying for the VISA online, you will apply via the Vietnam Immigration Portal . To apply for a Business VISA online, as you are completing the online application form at the Vietnam Immigration Portal, simply select “Business Activities” as the purpose of your travel on the dropdown menu. Then, upload a picture of yourself, a scanned picture of your passport, pay the VISA fee, and wait for the VISA to be processed. You can check the status of your VISA here.
If you’re applying for the VISA on arrival, you will have to apply at the following Port of entries:
- Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi.
- Danang Airport in Da Nang.
- Cat Bi Airport in Hai Phong.
- Cam Ranh Airport in Nha Trang.
To apply for a Vietnam Business VISA on Arrival, you have to get a Letter of Approval from the Vietnamese Immigration Department.
You can get the Letter of Approval online, by contacting one of the private travel Agencies or Companies, that are authorized by the Immigration Department to request Letters of Approval, on behalf of the applicants.
Once you have your Letter of Approval, you can travel to Vietnam, where you have to line up at the VISA-issuing counters at the airport, and wait to get your VISA stamped on your passport.
You do not need a Sponsorship or Invitation letter to apply for the Vietnam Business VISA on Arrival.
If you’re applying at the Consulate or Embassy of Vietnam, you must first of all know the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate that is close to you.
Check it here.
Other Procedures To Note
The application procedures when you apply at an Embassy/Consulate are:
- Your sponsor applies for a Letter of Sponsorship or Letter of Entry Clearance from the Immigration Services in Vietnam, after you send them the following information:
- Your full name
- Your Nationality (or nationalities, if you have double citizenship)
- The dates exact in which you will enter and depart
- The type of VISA you need (single or multiple-entry)
- The Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for the Business VISA
- The application for the Letter of Sponsorship/Letter of Entry Clearance takes about 5 days to process. After it is issued, your sponsor has to send it to you.
- You submit the application for a Vietnam Business VISA along with the Letter of Sponsorship/Letter of Entry Clearance at the Embassy or Consulate.
- Depending on the specific Embassy/Consulate, you can submit the documents by mail or in person.
Once your Business VISA has been approved, it will be affixed on your passport, and you can use it to enter the Country.
Other Relevant Information About The VISA
- The fee for a Vietnam Business VISA depends on the method through which you’re applying:
- If you are applying for a Vietnam Business VISA on Arrival:
- Single-entry, 1 month: USD 25 *
- Multiple-entry, 1 month USD 50 *
- Single-entry, 3 months USD 25 *
- Multiple-entry, 3 months USD 50 *
- Multiple-entry, 6 months USD 95 *
- Multiple-entry, 12 months USD 135 *
- If you are applying for a Vietnam Business e-VISA: USD 25
- If you are applying for a Vietnam Business VISA at an Embassy/Consulate: It depends on the specific Embassy or Consulate.
- If you are applying for a Vietnam Business VISA on Arrival:
*In addition to the VISA fee (which you pay when you arrive at the airport), you also have to pay a fee to the agency handling your application for a Letter of Approval. The fee for this depends on the specific company
- You can apply to extend your Vietnam Business VISA at the nearest Immigration Office in Vietnam. You will need a letter of invitation or sponsorship from the inviting Company.
- Business VISAs for Vietnam can be issued for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or one year and for single-, or multiple entries.
- You can work in Vietnam while you hold a Business VISA, as long as the duration of work does not exceed 90 days per year.