Successfully applying for the Switzerland Business VISA would be so easy, if you would read through the instructions on this page.
The Switzerland Business VISA is one of the types of Schengen VISAs for Switzerland. It allows its holder to penetrate the area of Switzerland for Business-related activities, such as; Business meetings, conferences etc.
Switzerland Business VISA
You will have to collect the following documents for application;
- A completed and signed Switzerland Business VISA application form.
- Two pictures, in accordance with the photo specifications for a Schengen VISA.
- Your valid passport, along with photocopies of current and previous passports/other travel documents.
- Travel Medical Insurance that covers your entire stay in Switzerland.
- A cover letter that proves that the reason for going to Switzerland is for tourism or a short-term visit.
- Proof of civil status.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means. You must provide at least 100 CHF or €92.34 per day for every day you spend in Switzerland.
- Proof of paid Switzerland Business VISA application fees.
- Proof of previous trade relations between the companies. (If applicable).
- Business bank statements for the last six months.
- Short profile of your workplace.
- Invitation letter from your sponsor (The Switzerland company you will visit). The invitation letter has to be written by the Switzerland company that your company is partnered with.
- It has to describe the business relationship between the companies.
- It must also include the company’s details, address, the dates you will visit, and the meetings/conferences/training that you will attend while you are there.
- Letter from your employer. It has to include confirmation you are an employer of the company, state your travel purposes and that you have permission to go on the trip.
- Your employer’s letter must also state your position in the company, your salary, and the reason you will be leaving for the business trip to Switzerland.
- Other than that, it should also state the date when you are expected to return.
- Coverage of expenses.
- If your sponsor will be covering your expenses, they have to state this on their invitation letter.
- If your employer will be covering the expenses of your trip, they must state this in their letter as well.
- They must also attach bank statements along with their letter.
Note: The Switzerland authorities have the right to ask for any additional documents that they see as necessary before processing your application.
In other to get your VISA ready, you need to follow the steps below;
- Check if your Country needs a VISA or not: This is due to the fact that some Countries are exempted from getting a VISA, before they enter Switzerland.
- Book a Switzerland Business VISA appointment. You cannot simply show up at the Switzerland embassy/consulate.
- Download, fill in and sign the Switzerland VISA business application form.
- Gather the required documents for a Business VISA to Switzerland: The documents you will need are listed above
- Show up to the Switzerland Embassy/Consulate in person to submit your application.
- Enter the VISA interview.
- Pay the Switzerland business VISA fee.
- Wait for your application to be processed.
Note: If you receive your Switzerland VISA, you will get a VISA sticker on your passport which states the validity of the VISA, and when you can enter the Country.
If your application is rejected, you will get a rejection letter.
Also take note that the Switzerland Business VISA, just like other Switzerland Schengen VISA types, is valid for a maximum of 90 days within a six-month frame.